II. BECOMING AN APHRODITE

"Aphrodites are expected to be trained but there is always an exemption. They would just like you to be you." - Ryu Junhyun

============

"So much for secrecy." You murmur as you walk in one of the most elegant and luxurious hotels in Seoul.

You thought that the venue will be in a place very much opposite than this. You somehow envision a dark spooky place where no one is expecting to know that some transactions are happening, like those scenarios in Mafia movies. After all, a word of an entertainment company searching for Aphrodites is detrimental for their reputation. Though fans are possessive of their idols and artists alike but everyone are expecting them to have hidden their soulmates and or wives. No one are hoping for unbounded men. Imagine the chaos.

Having the open place as the venue for the audition is so out of your imagination. There would be lots of eyes to watch out for.

Yes. There is an audition. You LOL-ed once you received the details from Anna. You thought it was a joke.

You scan the hotels' restaurant. It's rather simple in theme but definitely screams expensive. There are men eating casually at the sides. There are couples at the corner. They are somehow wearing very casual clothes, so much at home with the luxurious area. You bet those are branded street fashion wear. You feel somehow out of place with your semi-formal moss green wrap dress that drops below your knees, which you had found in some local store. Even with an unknown brand, you look much more elegant than the people eating their dinner. What can you do? Your habits for dressing your best when you go out is hard to stop. Your previous job had made you like this.

"Excuse me miss? Any reservation?" A young man in uniform comes to you.

"Yes. The reservation is Purple." You say. You almost forget the reservation name that you are assigned to. The young man then guides you towards a sole person in the far-off corner, past the group of men who are eating and talking quietly among themselves.

You walk confidently as you focus your gaze to the person who is now looking intently at you. He looks like he is in his forties already, but it would not be a surprise if he would be younger with how serious he looks. He is obviously studying every step you take. Somehow you are sweating and the only thing you could focus on is the sexy tone of the saxophone at the background. Your vision is a bit blur. You swear you have worn your contacts today and not your old eye glasses.  You are much nervous. Your nerves are acting out.

You smile as you step closer. The man stands up and holds out his hand.

"Yeom Jasmine." It's more a statement than an inquiry, as if the man has already known you and has been expecting you to arrive. You nod and proceeds to introduce himself. "I'm Ryu Junhyun. Call me Mr. Ryu."

"Yes. It's nice meeting you." You say sweetly as you are asked to sit.

"I am happy that you're here... Tea?"

"So? Where's the audition?" You meekly ask after whispering a word of thanks, wondering why it seems that it is only you with him? Maybe he would lead you the way.

If you think about it, this would be a very organized audition. Someone would ask a reservation name as a secret code then that someone will lead you to another who would be pre-judging your qualifications then maybe, if approved, you will be sent to the next stage. It would be a total secret. You change your thoughts about them being stupid for having the luxurious hotel as the venue of this audition.

"Oh! There is none. You are the only one we are waiting actually." He says.

"Huh?" An obvious question mark pops above your head.