Chapter Eleven: Erebus

Lily's P.O.V.

I hum on old tune as I continue down the street, the screams are dying down. 'Huh, that was fast...he must be hungry.' I think to myself. I guess you're wondering what the actual fuck is going on? That's kind of a long story. A sad one at that.

Flashback:

I stood at the crossroads, waiting for him. The rain poured down on my back, washing off some blood, and hiding the tears running down my face. 

"Get your ass over here!" I scream.

"Well, that's not very nice. I am here on my own accord after all." His British accent fills my ears as I spin around to face him.

 "Crowley." I spit. 

"Hello love, I must say you are looking quite rough. Maybe you should go take a show-"My fist make impact with his face before I grab his tie pulling him towards me. "Now, Now let's not get angry for no reason."

"You fucking lied to me! You said he would be safe and you lied!" I yelled pushing him back. His face softens for a moment before going back to its original smirk.

"Darling, you must have misunderstood the terms of our deal. I wouldn't hurt him. I would not hurt a single hair on his pretty little head. But I never said I would protect him from the others." He smirks.

"You fucking dick!" I swing at him again, only for my fist to be caught.

"I am assuming that you remember the other little part of our agreement?" He asks, looking down at me. My eyes widen and I scowl. "Ahh, yes I see you do... So are you ready to be the keeper of Hell's gates?" My fist lessens and I fall onto my knees on the ground. Crowley sighs and steps back looking at me. "Erebus." He sighs. "Take care of this. I don't have the time." A figure appears beside me and kneels down. I glance up at him and glare. "Get away from me." I mumble. The man steps closer and puts a hand on my arm. "GET AWAY FROM ME!" I scream and punch his chest.

"Oof." He grunts and then growls lightly, grabbing my fists and pulling me up to my feet. The tears are running down my face as I hang my head in sadness.

"Why him? Why did it have to be him?" I whisper. The man, er demon pulls me closer and holds my shaking form. "Why are you helping me?" I murmur, looking up at him. He furrows his eyebrows and his silver eyes meet mine. "You are unhappy, what else would I do?" His voice is deep, melodic. "I am Erebus."

After that, Erebus kind of stuck next to me. Even though he is the keeper of hell, he isn't that bad. Of course no one can know about him. Can you imagine what they would do if they found out that the keeper of Hell was attached to me? Ya that would go great... I haven't heard from Crowley since that day. Erebus says it is because he is 'shielding' me from his eyes. But if I know anything about Crowley, it's that the bastard won't give up when he wants something. A shadow steps in front of me and Erebus appears

"Did you take the trash out?" I ask with a soft smirk. Erebus tilts his head and looks at me, confused.

"If you mean that I disposed of the man's body? Then yes." I let out a chuckle and punch his arm softly before pulling him with me.

"Sorry you had to get involved." I whisper. "Do you want fry?" I ask offering him the crispy piece of heaven. Erebus takes the fry out of my hand and pops it in his mouth.

"It is my job to protect you." He says before taking the bag of food from my hands, carrying it in his own. I smile lightly before grabbing his free hand and pulling him closer as we walk in comfortable silence.