Chapter Two: Let's Get Going Losers

Lily’s P.O.V.

After breakfast the three of us head to my bedroom to begin packing.

“Only essentials.” Dean say from the doorway. I glare at him as I roll up a shirt neatly and place it into my duffle bag.

“Hey Lily, what’s this?” Sam asks holding up leather scrapbook with a large, silver “W” engraved into the skin. A smile lights up my face as I walk over to him.

“It’s all of my happy memories…some things I don’t want to let go of...” I reply. “You can go through it, it’s not like a diary.” I say before heading into the bathroom to grab my toiletries.

Sam’s P.O.V.

Once Lily leaves the room I open the worn book and smile softly at our family picture. As I continue to flip through the book, Dean comes over and stands beside me.

“Damn, that was a long time ago.” He states.

“It really was.” I reply softly. Turning the pages I begin to notice something wrong with Lily. “Dean, check this out” I say, pointing to a black mass behind Lily.

“Maybe the camera is broke.” Dean answers. 

“Dean this, thing is in every picture with Lily.” I whisper, hoping Lily won’t hear.  Dean sighs as he takes the scrapbook from me and looks at the photos. His expression of indifference turns into one of concern quickly, before he shuts the book and tosses it onto the bed.

“Listen Sam, don’t say anything to her, we need to figure this out on our own. Don’t need all this shit dumped on her the first time we get to see her.” Dean says quietly. Just then, Lily comes back in with a small backpack and tosses it next to her duffle bag. 

“Ready to get going losers?” She asks raising an eyebrow.

“Um, yeah. I’ll take your bag.” I respond quickly before grabbing the duffle bag and shuffling down the hallway.

“Such a gentleman. Why can’t you be like that Dean?” Lilly asks, following me

“Shut up.” Dean replies.

~Time skip brought to you by the impala. ~

Lily’s P.O.V.

“I’m bored.” I state for the thirtieth time.

“That’s nice.” Sam replies from the passenger seat of the car. I frown and lay down on the back seat, pouting.

“Where are we even going?” I ask, breaking the silence

“Jericho, Dad was there last.” Dean replies as he gets back into his ‘baby.’ “Here” he says, handing me a folder filled with articles about men going missing on a stretch of highway. “You better read up, little sis.” he smirks and turns up the music, and I glare at him. 

The hours pass by slowly and if I have to be in this car for much longer, I’m going to kill myself. I stare out the window tiredly and listen to Sam’s conversation on the phone.

“Okay, okay thank you.” He ends the call and looks over to Dean. “All right, there's no one matching Dad at the hospital or morgue. So that’s something, I guess.” Dean nods, glancing back at me, then back to the road. At a bridge ahead of them, there are two police cars and several officers. 

“Check it out.” I say, as I lean forward for a closer look

Dean pulls the car over, the officers glance at us before going back to work. Dean leans over Sam and opens the glove compartment and pulls out a box full of ID cards with his and John’s faces.

“Really.” I say from the backseat. Dean glances at me and hands a badge to Sam, grinning. I sigh and pull out my badge and gun before checking my makeup, and getting out of the car. “Let’s go.”

“You fellas had another one like this just last month, didn't you?” Dean states as we walk towards a man. The man looks up when Dean starts talking and straightens immediately. 

“And who are you?” He asks. Dean flashes his badge, and I smile politely. 

“Federal marshals.”

“You three are a little young for marshals, aren't you?” I laugh lightly. 

“Thanks, that's awfully kind of you sir.” I reply smiling. Dean glances at me before going over to an empty car. 

“You did have another one just like this, correct?” He asks

“Yeah, that's right. About a mile up the road. There've been others before that.”

“So, this victim, you knew him?” Sam questions. And He nods.

“Town like this, everybody knows everybody.” Dean circles the car, looking around. As I step closer to the man

“Any connection between the victims, besides that they're all men?” I ask

“No. Not so far as we can tell.” 

“So what's the theory?” Sam butts in as he walks over to Dean. 

“Honestly, we don't know. Serial murder? Kidnapping ring?”

“Well, that is exactly the kind of crack police work I'd expect out of you guys.” Dean states, causing Sam to stomp on his foot and my elbow to meet his ribs

“Thank you for your time.” I say sweetly before walking towards the impala, Sam and Dean following

“Gentlemen.” I hear a soft smack behind me. 

“Ow! What was that for?” Sam exclaims.

“Why’s you have to step on my foot?” Dean replies angrily 

“Why do you have to talk to police like that?”

“Come on. They don't really know what's going on. We're all alone on this. I mean, if we're going to find Dad we've got to get to the bottom of this thing ourselves.” Dean says before I clear my throat and look over Dean’s shoulder at the Sheriff.

“Can I help you?” The sheriff asks, raising an eyebrow.

“No, sir, we were just leaving.” I reply before tugging the boys away. “I heard that his daughter is putting up posters of the missing kid, we should check there first.” I say as I get into the back seat. They both nod as Dean turns up the music and we head towards downtown Jericho.