XXIV

Kalpas POV: 3 days later
Wednesday, 6:34 AM

"Hah!"

POW!

SMACK!

CLANK!

"ROAARRRR!" A monster yelled.

"Tsk. These stupid enemies keep appearing and running too fast!" I'm trying to catch up, but I'm so slow. I'm weak. I feel like a snail.

"That's right. You are weak. So weak a leaf could crush you," a familiar voice says.

I looked around to find the source of the voice. "Who said that?! That's complete rubbish!" I spun around, and saw the same blonde puppet grinning directly at me.

"Then why can't you defeat them? Do you not have enough power?" The blonde puppet taunted menacingly at me.

This slimy disgusting pest thinks that I'm weak. "I can defeat them! Watch me!" I yelled, the burning desire in me increased.

I lunged towards the honkai beasts with my gauntlet, engulfing them in more harsh flames.

"Yes! Yes! Use all of your power! Burn those enemies!" The puppet happily chanted, raising her arms.

I burned those enemies. Bit by bit, I feel like my energy was being drained and I was getting weaker by the second. I kept fighting the beasts until I was completely washed-out.

"Huff... huff," I panted, grabbing my arm to balance myself. I'm so tired. My eyes are heavy, I could fall asleep.

"What's wrong? Can't fight anymore? Too weak?"

"Shut up! I... can.... still fight!" I snapped angrily, my teeth clenched.

"Stop yelling, you pathetic dirt. No wonder things between you and that 'Schicksal Valkryja' has been bad."

"Pathetic dirt? HAHAHAHAHA, do you think your above me? Do you think you're-" My brows furrowed as I registered her last sentence. "Wait, 'Schicksal Valkryja'?"

She pathetically grinned at me. "Duh."

"How do you know her? What do you know about her?" I asked, raising a brow.

The puppet grinned. "I just know. I also know that she despises you."

What?! "She despises me?" That's not true, is it? This puppet is lying. Why would Y/N still be mad at me?

"Isn't obvious? The glare on her face when she threw her sunglasses at you..."

"I only made her slightly upset because I fidgeted with her motorcycle horn. That's nothing."

"I wouldn't call that, 'slightly upset.' A better word for that would be irate. And it wasn't about fidgeting with her motorcycle's horn. Your chaotic behavior is something else. Clearly she doesn't love you the same way you love her."

My heart stung. My behavior caused Y/N to despise me? I glumly stared at the reflective floor, displaying an exact copy of me. I looked away in disgust. I don't know what I was expecting. It hurt no less to have it confirmed by a dumb talking marionette. With the energy I had, I could no longer hold my balance. I hit the ground painfully hard.

"You almost got her in jail because you don't know how to win claw machines. And you publicly humiliated her with your competitiveness in laser tag. Everyone was staring at you as if you were a clown."

"Don't test me! I don't need to be reminded by some dumb puppet!"

"No, you do need to be reminded by some 'dumb puppet', because you don't realize the truth. You keep making up excuses about your mistakes, and that only shows how helpless and worthless you are. Face it, you're weak. Why don't you become one of us? We can take revenge on those disgusting humans. You're a loser, pathetic and useless like us. Y/N-"

"I said SHUT UP! Keep her name out of your disgusting plastic mouth!" I leaped up at the plastic puppet, my gauntlet started burning, hot enough to melt her into liquid. She gaped, but quickly closed with a smile.

Suddenly, I was falling. My flames were dying. "Huh?!" The buildings in the theatre seemed to be the wrong side up. Which meant...

The marionette flipped the theatre upside down.