VIII

-10 minutes later-

We arrived at Schicksal. As you already know, I'm here to report back to Otto about my mission being done.

'But... I'll leave out the details about Kalpas. I've never heard of the Fire Moths, so it must be a secret organization. I don't want to create a controversy between two organizations.'

I parked my motorcycle on the street and hopped off, putting my helmet on the handlebars.

"I'm gonna head in, wait here. It won't take long!" I told Kalpas before running to the Schicksal HQ doors.

I took out my ID card let the MECHA scan it. "Please wait for the MECHA to complete scanning... scanning card... scanning card... Card successfully scanned. Valid ID," The doors opened and shut automatically as I entered. I ran to the elevator and pressed on floor 18.

Kalpas POV:

I stared at the building. It looked like a luxurious five-star hotel that served lots of delicious food.

"So this is where she works..." I said out loud.

I wondered about that Otto guy.

Feeling irritated, I got up and punched a nearby street lighting pole. CLANG!!

A big dent appeared on the pole.

"Whatever," I muttered and sat back down on the motorcycle.

Two minutes later, Y/N finally arrives.

"Hey Kalpas!" Y/N shouted as if we hadn't seen each other in years.

"Hey," I said, trying my best to hide the frustration in my voice.

I guess that didn't work, because Y/N noticed. "Something wrong?" She asked.

"No. Just drive me back to the Fire Moth base," I retorted.

'Damn it, I think that came out too harshly.'

"Okay," Y/N said softly, a hint of confusion present in her voice.

She sat down on the motorcycle and put her helmet on. I held her waist as the motorcycle began pulling, then we bolted through the roads.

Otto's POV:

"This Kalpas guy was just outside of the Schicksal, and he punched the street lamp. What is he doing with Y/N?" I asked my assistant, Amber.

"Y/N and Kalpas drove off on her motorcycle. I assume they might be going somewhere far," Amber replied.

"Tsk. View the video surveillance on XXXX street."

"I'm afraid I cannot do that. There are no other security cameras that can get a glimpse of Y/N and Kalpas."

I sighed. "Then save the video surveillance footage of Kalpas appearing in Arc City and outside of Schicksal HQ to the files."

"Yes, sir."

-30 minutes later-

Kalpas POV:

I got off the back seat of the motorcycle and replaced it with my helmet. "Thanks, Valkrja."

"No problem!" Y/N said, securing the helmet. "See you, Kalpas," she waved then headed off.

"Bye," I waved back.

'It's getting late. I'm gonna go report back to Dr. MEI.'

But before I could head inside the Fire Moth Base, I saw two figures I immediately recognize standing next to the security door.

"Kevin? Su? What do you want?" I asked in confusion.

"Who was that girl?" Su asked.

Su is a member of the Fire Moth, ranked 7th. He is a MANTIS like me and Kevin. His codename is Bodhi. This guy is really enjoys mediating, my insults don't seem to bother him. Sometimes I forget he's blind.

"That's none of your business, blind dummy," I snapped at him.

"Is she a Schicksal Valkrja? I spotted a Schicksal badge on her," Kevin questioned, seeming curious.

"Both of you were here this whole time?" I felt my face getting redder by the second.

"You were acting a little unusual since Dr. MEI was halfway completing data for your old gauntlet. So we came to check up on you," Su replied.

'Who is this blind guy trying to inform me on how I behave?'

I tried to restrain myself. "Why are you so concerned about me? You can't tell if I'm acting unusual, you're literally blind, dodo."

"Are you guys... in a relationship? I saw you holding her waist on the motorcycle," Kevin questioned. It almost seemed like he was teasing me.

I blushed. '...Why are they even here in the first place. At least Su wasn't able to see me holding her waist, until Kevin witnessed it and told him.'

"Only couples do that, " Su said, trying not to laugh.

"Get out of my way," I said, feeling angry.

"Then farewell, Kalpas. And don't forget to buy her flowers," Su snickered. I could hear Kevin chuckling at the comment.

I was about to attack both of them until Kevin got his grip on me. "Calm down, it was only a joke," he consoled me.

I tried to loosen Kevin's grip on me. He was stronger than me, so I struggled.

"Don't tell anyone you saw me with that Schicksal Valkrja!" I glared at Su, desperately wanting to attack him.

"Don't worry, me and Kevin will keep it a secret," Su reassured, putting his index finger on his lips that curved a smile. Then he scanned his ID and entered the Fire Moth Base.

Kevin escorted me inside and took the opposite direction of Su, taking me to the Weaponry room. Wait no, he just passed by the weaponry room. Then he must be taking me to Dr. MEl's office. "I'm guessing you're done with your mission. Go report back to Dr. MEI," he said, finally releasing his grip on me.

"K," I said, still unhappy with what he did.

I entered MEI's office to fill out the report.