XII

I woke up, the sunlight shined down on my face. I could hear the sound of birds chirping. I felt my head on a soft warm pillow, and a soft blanket engulfing me. I looked at my alarm clock. It was 8:05 AM, and I was in my bedroom. 'How did I end up here? Wait...'

"Kalpas!" Where is he?

I got off my bed, dashing out of my bedroom.

I immediately halted my steps, smelling an aroma of syrup, and... pancakes? Is Kalpas cooking something?

I went downstairs to the kitchen. The aroma of syrup and pancakes came closer.

I stood there, finding Kalpas decorating the pancakes that drizzled in syrup, with blueberries and strawberries and a variety of other fruits.

Except that... it was poorly decorated. The pancakes seemed to be a little burnt. And there seemed to be a horrible smell from the garbage can.

I looked inside it. It seemed as if someone had ate melted cheese then barfed it out five times. I quickly scurried away from the smell.

"Oh, hey Schicksal Valkrja," Kalpas said, looking up from his occupation.

"Good morning, are you making breakfast?" I asked.

"Yeah, for you," Kalpas continued decorating. Then he started to rush.

"Oh, thank you... why you rushing?" I went beside him and helped decorate.

"I..." he stuttered.

We decorated the pancakes together, I made a cute smiley face on one.

"It looks adorable! I'll go brush my teeth, then eat it with you," I rushed to the bathroom, cleansing myself.

'That's so sweet of him to make breakfast...' I thought, brushing my teeth.

I dried my face and did my hair, then exited the bathroom, going back to the kitchen.

Kalpas was sitting in the chair, having already set up the food.

I sat in a chair next to him, and started eating. "You're not gonna eat?"

"No."

"Why not? Try some. It tastes so good!" I wasn't lying though, even though it was a little burnt.

"Glad you like it, but I'll eat later, and I have to go back soon," Kalpas said, staring at me.

"Aww, okay."

It was silent for a few minutes. I quickly ate up my breakfast.

"Did you vomit in the trashcan?" I pointed to the trashcan in the room.

Kalpas stayed silent. Then he angrily muttered, "Yes."

"Oh, okay. Uhm..." I drifted off my words. I didn't know what to say.

"I'm gonna head back. Bye, Valkryja."

"Huh? Right now? Okay, bye Kalpas," I followed him to the door and let him exit.

'Did I do something wrong to make him leave early?'

I sighed and continued eating.