XVI

-Fire Moth Base Entrance-

"Well, here we are. Bye Kalpas, It was fun having a picnic with you," I waved, glancing at his drop-dead gorgeous outfit once more.

"Wait," Kalpas froze.

"Hm?" I tilted my head, confused.

"That's your motorcycle?" He asked, pointing to the black vehicle glinting in the sun as it parked on a street far from us.

"Yep, that's mines!" I said, prideful of how cool a possession of mine can appear glistening in the sunlight.

"Let's go to your apartment," Kalpas pushes his hand on my back, forcefully making me walk across the road.

"W-what? Don't you need to head back? You might get in trouble-" I stuttered

"Stop worrying about me and walk."

"Kay," I managed to utter out, uncomfortable with this gesture. 'He's forcing me to take him to my apartment. Why? Is he hiding from someone? He might end up in so much trouble...'

Now it was my turn. "Wait," I paused.

"Ugh, what?" He grunted irritably.

"Why do you want to go to my apartment? Is it because you want to spend more time with me?" I slapped a hand over my mouth, realizing what word choices I used.

"Are you a moron?" He crossed his arms. "Why would I do that?"

I turned away and continued walking. "N-never mind," it was getting hotter, and my palms were sweating. A pair of eyes burned through me. I pouted. Exasperation and shame replaced my happy emotions. 'Why is he so difficult?'

Whatever it was, I wasn't going to give up on Kalpas.

BEEP BEEP! HONK HONKKKK!

"Move!" I yelled, frustrated at the motionless car in front of us, honking the motorcycle horn as if it was a remote button.

"... much... dumb traffic," Kalpas muttered. Although I couldn't catch most of his words because people were honking over him.

It's been 10 minutes since we were stuck in this endless traffic. Apparently an accident had occurred at some point which caused all the vehicles to slow down and erupt chaos.

I grabbed my GPS and entered a different direction to reach the apartment building.

HONK HONK HONK HONK! I jumped, hearing my motorcycle honk, multiple times in a few seconds.

I looked up, finding Kalpas banging the horn. I grabbed his arms. "Stop! What are you doing?! That's not a fidget toy!"

"I'm telling this fool in front of us to move!" he yelled, apparently annoyed that I thought he was honking the horn just for the fun of it.

"We're in the middle of a red light! Wait for it to freaking turn green!" I yelled back, getting worked up.

"Stop yelling at me!" Kalpas said, gripping my waist. His grip was tight.

I sighed, annoyed how this day was going.

Eventually we made it to my apartment, after approximately an hour and a half later.

"Finally, gosh," I said, parking my motorcycle on the street.

"Took forever," Kalpas muttered, waiting for me at the door.

I grabbed my keys and forced one into the door knob lock. It opened with a loud creak.

Kalpas and I headed inside and climbed up the staircase. "I'd rather listen to someone yodel terribly into my ears than experience that traffic," I grumbled under my breath.