XVII

The Next Day, 11:00 AM
-Smoothie Land-

I guzzled down a flavorful smoothie, savoring the delicious, sweet taste.

"You're really hungry, huh?" Durandal said, chuckling at my act.

"I love this flavor! It's the best out of all the flavors in the world," I clasped my hands together. "How's your smoothie?"

"It's okay. This Vanilla smoothie kind of got my hopes up, but that's alright," Durandal said, mixing the chocolate that was drizzled on her smoothie.

I shrugged, "As long as it's not bad."

I stared out the crystal clear window, in which we were seated next to. I hummed softly, reminiscing my childhood memories.

-Flashback-

"Y/N, come on let's go get ice-cream!"

"Ugh, Durandal, can't you see I'm busy? I literally have an exam next week, and I'm only halfway done with this History study guide," I groaned as I leaned back into the chair. "9th grade is tough," I was doing well in all of my classes, especially in Science. I still had to keep it up. Losing it would ruin my report card and it'll just be a failing grade.

"That's not a problem since your bestfriend is here for you. Now, come one let's go get ice-cream. I'll pay!" Durandal pulled me out of the chair.

"I hate ice-cream," I lied. To be honest, that was a bad excuse. I wasn't in the mood for ice-cream, and I knew Durandal was gullible, but not gullible enough to fall for this excuse. I prayed that she would believe me. 'Please let Durandal fall for this excuse, please, please.'

To my surprise, she fell for it. Kind of.

"Eh?! Really?"Astonishment replaced her usual determined expression.

"Yup. Ice-cream? Ugh, not my favorite," I lied again, dramatically sitting back in my seat as if all my energy was drained out of me.

"Then I'll make you like it again," Durandal grinned as she dragged me out of the classroom to Smoothie Land. "Come on!"

I pouted, leaving all my supplies behind, but I went with her anyway. Durandal promised me that I would get to come back and continue working. In the end, the ice-cream was a good refreshing dessert, even though I knew I always loved ice-cream.

-End of flashback-

Speaking of bestfriends, someone I can't get off of my mind. His attitude and words cut deep in me after what happened a few days earlier. I don't know if  we'll ever see each other after that...

"Y/N? What's wrong? You look worried," Durandal asked with concern spreading on her face. She was looking at me directly in the eye.

"It's nothing," I said, avoiding eye contact. But I kind of regretted that. I don't want to carry this feeling forever.

"You always avoid eye contact when you do this, Y/N..."

"I..." I wasn't sure how to avoid this topic, but I felt the need to talk to someone about this.

I took a deep breath, and let it all out. Us meeting in battles, us hanging out together, including the romantic bits between us.

And then I'm crying when I get to the argument part.

"Oh, Y/N I'm sorry..." Durandal said, pulling me into a hug.

"I still want him," I said, sniffling.

"He's sounds very chaotic, huh. Do you like it?" Durandal asked.

"Yeah. But it can be difficult to manage with. Sometimes he can lose control of his anger," I said.

Durandal seemed to be thinking for a moment. I presume she was preparing to be coughing up the advice. However, I don't want to leave Kalpas. It's hard to let go of friends. A friend you bonded with in battles.

"I think you need to find someone who's calm, someone who wouldn't force you to things you don't like. I know this will be hard, but you have to let go of Kalpas."

"What?! No!" I shouted, louder than I had meant. People from other people jumped a bit. A girl from the other side of the room dropped her spoon from the icecream bowl she was eating from.

"Sorry," I weakly smiled at her. She returned a pair of eyes rolling at me.

I lowered my voice to a whisper as I begged, "Please, is there any way I could fix this?"

She whispered back, "Well, you can. By confronting him."

I facepalmed, as if that was the stupidest idea I've ever heard. "I'm just gonna get another shove from him. Maybe a smack in the face."

Durandal remained stoic at this, "Don't feel so down, there's a lot of people who would definitely choose you. You're really beautiful."

"Thanks," I said, accepting her compliment. Durandal had made me feel a bit better.

But I was still feeling bummed out about leaving Kalpas.

Just then, Durandal's cell rung. "Oh. Aw, looks like I have to go."

"A mission?"

"Yeah."

"I'll be fine here," I smiled at her.

"You sure?"

"Yes I'm sure now go, you gotta save the world, right?"

"Alright then~," she giggled, "bye-bye, take care!" Durandal waved as she exited the shop.

I chugged down the rest of my smoothie and left to take a walk in a nearby park.