VI

Y/N POV:

We found a bridge that goes above the sea waters. The bright sun made the view even more beautiful.

"Wow... I like this view. What about you?" I asked Kalpas.

Kalpas thought for a moment.

"It's nice," Kalpas said, still not looking away from the view.

"Then lets hangout here," I said, parking my motorcycle on the bridge.

'I know I'm supposed to park my motorcycle on the street, but me and Kalpas are the only ones here, so it's not like I'll get caught.'

I grabbed a box of Hanami dango and Sakura Mochi from the back of my motorcycle. "Kalpas, do you want to try desserts? They're really good!" I showed him the items.

He turned his head from the waters to the boxes. "Sure."

"Okay, here try this Hanami dango first," I opened the plastic box and handed him one.

He took the dango stick then he stared at it. "Uhm, I change my mind. I'm not hungry anymore."

"Huh, really? Okay, then do you want to try the Sakura Mochi?"

"No, I'm not hungry."

"Fine then," I shrugged and took the dango from his hand and ate it.

-Timeskip-

"Kalpas."

...

"Kalpas?"

...

"Kalpas!"

He looked startled. "Huh? What? Don't shout at me like that."

"Sorry. I was just wondering, who do you work for?"

"...I work for the Fire Moths."

"Fire Moths? Where is that?"

"In Nagazora."

"Oh."

-Timeskip-

"Kalpas, what's your favorite meal?"

"Favorite meal? I don't have one."

"What about favorite snack?"

"Don't have one."

...

"Is there something you like doing?"

"Fighting, sparring. Speaking of fighting, we should spar one day."

"...Yeah?"

-Timeskip-

It started getting late and the sun is almost gone. I should probably head back home now.

"I think we should start heading back," I said, yawning.

Kalpas nodded. "Sure, and could you give me a ride back to the Fire Moth Base?"

"Yep!" I handed him the GPS tracker. "Can you enter the designated location?"

"Here," Kalpas handed it back. "Just take the shortcut."

I placed the GPS tracker back onto the front of the motorcycle and gave Kalpas his helmet. He put his hands on my hips, and I blushed a little at the warm feeling.

Once he was ready, I put my helmet on and began the motorcycle, driving off to the Fire Moth base.

25 minutes later, we arrived at the Fire Moth base.

The base was huge, almost as big as Schicksal. It seemed to be coated in Navy Blue paint, which suited the logo that was above the security door.

"This is the base?" I asked.

"Yeah," Kalpas replied, removing his helmet and getting off the motorcycle.

"Looks cool," I grabbed the leftover boxes of dango and Sakura Mochi. "Oh, and before you go, here take these, you didn't get to eat any at the bridge," I handed them to Kalpas.

He turned to the boxes for a moment, then he took them. "Thanks a ton, goodbye Y/N," Kalpas said.

"No problem, see you. Thanks for hanging out with me!" I said hopping on my motorcycle, which began to pull. I waved as I drove off.

Kalpas POV:

"You're welcome," I said, watching Y/N drive off.

I headed to the security door and allowed the lock to scan my ID card.

"Scanning card... valid ID," the lock said, producing a robotic voice. The metal doors opened and I headed inside.

"Hey, Kalpas. Where have you been?" Kevin Kaslana greeted me.

Kevin Kaslana is a member of the Fire Moth, ranked 1st. He is a MANTIS like other members. His codename is Deliverance. Hah, Kevin's pretty good at fighting, I consider him as a worthy opponent. Maybe he considers me as a worthy opponent as well.

"Hey. I was exploring Nagazora," I replied.
Kevin started at the boxes I was carrying. "You went to a supermarket?"

"Yeah," I lied, not realizing. "Want some?"

"I'm fine. Dr. MEI is waiting for you in the weaponry room."

"See you then," I said, heading off to the weaponry room.

"Bye."

The weaponry room was across Dr. MEI's office. She holds most of the divine keys in there.

But before I went to the weaponry room, I went to my own room. I unlocked the door and turned the lights on. My room was white and gray, filled with furniture that matched with the walls and ceilings.

I went to the kitchen and placed the boxes on the table. "I'll eat it later."

I exited my room and went to the weaponry room. I opened the door knob. Dr. MEI was sitting in a desk that was covered with paperwork and books. "Hello Kalpas," Dr. MEI welcomed.

I crossed my arms. "What?"

"Vill-V created a new gauntlet with new enhanced abilities and better quality. You might be able to deal a good blow to a herrscher with this. Here, try it on," Dr. MEI explained, handing it to me.

I took off my old gauntlet and slid my left arm into the new one. It fit better and it definitely had better quality.

"Vill-V is still working on it though, so you still have to use the old gauntlet. In about three weeks, it will be ready. Any questions?"

"No," I replied, focusing on my new gauntlet. Hah, this means I could defeat enemies faster, maybe even impress Y/N...

I snapped out of my thoughts. What am I thinking?

Dr. MEI removed the new gauntlet and set it back on the table, and handed me back the old one. "I'm halfway finished to collecting data. You still can't fight though. Like I promised, you will be able to fight when I'm done."

"Fine," I left the weaponry room and headed back to my own room, unlocking the door, then locking it after I entered.

'I was going to eat the food that Y/N gave me, guess I'll eat it now?'

I headed to the kitchen, unwrapping the Sakura Mochi first. I took my mask off and took a bite. "Hmm, it's actually not bad," I said out loud. Then I opened the plastic box of dango.

I took a bite of the pink mochi. It tasted sweet. I continued eating the dango until all I got was a stick. "Huh, Y/N did a good job picking out food," I said, letting out a small smile.

I put the boxes away onto the shelf and went to bed.