II:

As I headed to my destination of my mission, I looked back to the neon lights that lit up every shop. The cities that illuminated the dark. The cars that kept the road lively. "Arc City is beautiful," I smiled to myself.

When I arrived, I could not acknowledge what happened. All of the enemies were laying on the ground, charred. And when I walked up to them, up close I could see they were scorched pretty badly. 'I wonder who did this?'

"HAHAHA, begone!"

I jumped at the remark and turned around immediately, only to see a masked man fighting an Emperor Beast.

The masked man was fighting with a gauntlet that shot out blazing fire, engulfing the Emperor Beast in fiery flames.

"TAKE THIS!" the masked man shouted.

The tension in the air started to increase. I backed away and almost tripped onto a traffic cone.

Suddenly, an explosion of raging fire blew up the Emperor Beast, which made it collapse to the ground.

I watched the masked man defeat the last enemy in awe, as he oneshotted it with his gauntlet. 'Should I approach him? He looks sort of dangerous, but he did defeat those enemies.' I decided to go up to him and ask, "Hey, who are you? Did Otto send you here?"

The masked man replies abruptly. "No, who is Otto? And why do you want to know who I am?"

'Oh... he's cold... his white-black gradient hair makes him even colder. His clothes are ripped, which makes him look like he's not from Schicksa-.'

"Um, hello? I don't have any time to waste, so hurry up and say it," the man crossed his arms, clearly looked like he wanted to get this over with.

"What's your name?" I could feel the temperature in the air start to increase.

"My name... Hahaha... HAHAHAHA, my name is Kalpas, got it? Don't ever ask me that question again. And before you scram, tell me your name."

"M-my name is Y/N. Y/N L/N," I was overwhelmed by him.

"Y/N... hope I'll never see you again," Kalpas did a low chuckle. After that he leaped up to a high building and disappeared.

I felt myself slightly frowning upon hearing what he had just said. I shrugged it off and walked back home.