Chapter 16

Azura (short chapter!)

It's been a week since Miles crawled through my window and I've never been happier than this past week.

He's been sneaking in every night since then and we'd talk. Sometimes we'd watch movies or play a board game.

But I know this can't go on forever. One day I'll have to tell my parents, or they'll find out somehow and be even angrier. I'm scared.

I'm moving into my apartment, finally. I kept rescheduling when I'll actually move the rest of my stuff and spend a night there, I said I was too tired after everything but the real reason why I didn't move in yet is because I'm going to miss this house.

I sigh as I pack the last of my shirts into the boxes labeled 'bedroom' and tape it up.

"Knock, knock." I turn to see my dad leaning against the door frame, " How's packing going?"

"Fine." I say and turn my attention pack to the box I'm tending to.

"Zura." He said softly.

"Dad, I'm trying to pack-" I stop when I feel hands come around me.

"Tell me what's wrong." He whispers. I haven't really experienced this kind of affection since I became a preteen. I missed it. I bring my arms around his neck and rest my head on his shoulder.

"I don't want to leave." Is all I say. His arms squeeze tighter around me.

"I know that, Zura. I'm asking what's wrong with you. You've been so happy this week but it looks like theirs something your worried about."

I don't want to tell him right now. The moment was so comforting but I guess I'll have to spill.

"I'm still with Miles." I don't beat around the bush, I just shoot them out of my mouth to get it over with.

My fathers body tensed before he slowly released me

My hand starts to fidget. Oh no, why didn't I ease into it? Maybe I could've told him a year from today and he might've cooled off about the topic. I hold my breath as I wait for his answer

"Are you happy? Truly happy?" His question shocks me. I didn't expect him to ask that.

  "Yes, I really am." I hold my breath, waiting for his answer.

  "Then that's all that matters, you deserve to be happy, Azura. You've had a hard couple months."

  "Thanks, dad." I smile. Then I sigh as I look at the boxes around my room. "I'll really miss you, you know?"

  "Zura," he laughs, "You'll be less than twenty minutes away."

  "I know but I won't get to see you every second. I'll miss that. And Moon and Oreo too."

"We can always visit." My dad mentions.

"I hope you do." I reply and turn to continue packing, "Go, before I start crying."

My dad chuckles, "Love you bean, your mom does too. Remember that." He says as he leaves my room and that's what breaks me. I slide into the floor as tears escape form my eyes, down my cheeks, onto the floor.

I'm going to miss them so much.