Chapter 10

Azura

  Could Miles really be capable of doing something like that? He said he didn't have anything to do with it, right?

  But what if he does have something to do with it? What if he was helping me track him all along. Or worse, leading me down the wrong path so I would only get further away from the truth.

  I storm down the stone path towards my car. I angrily wipe the tears away.

  No. It's not him. My father is just putting stuff in my head. Again.

  "Azura!" I hear him call.

  "Goodbye, dad." I slam the car door and quickly start the car before I pull out of the driveway as fast as I could.

Does everyone think I'm so gullible? I don't even know who to trust anymore. As soon as I find something stable someone has to throw a brick and make it tumble down.

Maybe that kind of stability I crave isn't for me. Maybe I don't deserve it. Is that what people really believe?

I speed down the road. I crank the music louder. I don't want to hear my thoughts. I don't want to hear my sobs. I don't want to hear the voices telling me what to be or what to do.

I just need a minute out of my head.

So I crank the music as loud as it'll go. And I scream the words out.

The sun is going down by the time I make it back to the hotel. Casino. Whatever.

They call it the Angels but I'd rather not call it that. Not because I'm a demon, I'm totally fine saying angels and stuff, but it just reminds me that an Angel does have something to do with my mother. Mr. Grey.

  I look in the mirror to make sure it doesn't look like I've been crying for the last couple hours, climb out of the car and speed walk all the way to my room. I just want to take a warm shower and sleep the day away.

  It's a bit early for sleep especially for someone who doesn't need it but sleep is one of the little luxuries in my life and I'll be damned it I'm not going to use it.

  Well, I'm damned anyway. I am the next ruler of hell after all.

  I unlock the door and close it promptly behind me.

  And I look up to find that Miles is sitting in the corner of the bed. He looks torn.

  "Miles?" I slowly walk toward him.

  "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have exploded on you for being so set on finding your mother. I understand she means the world to you."

  "She does. But is that why you're here?" I place my keys down on the nightstand.

  He shakes his head.

  "Zura, I don't want things to get worse with us. I actually like you. You're one of the few people I tolerate."

"Tolerate, huh? I thought you said you liked me." I smirk. Miles let's his lips quirk up.

  "Yes." Is all he says.

  "Yes what? Yes, you tolerate me or yes, you like me?" I stand between his legs and bend a little so I'm face to face with him.

  He mumbles something under his breath.

  "What was that?" I turn my head so my ear was closer.

  "In a second I'm going to throw you on this bed and show you exactly what." He whispers in my ear.