"I just woke up from a nap," Lisa replied with some amusement.

"..."

After knowing that it was a false alarm, Master Mao, whose heart was torn with anxiety all night, sat in the living room together with Lisa and had a conversation about the situation last night.

"What happened last night?" Master Mao remarked, "You never leave the small building around the winter solstice."

"A very powerful malevolent ghost appeared in the vicinity last night," Lisa said.

"Couldn't Little Friend Chen subdue it either?" Master Mao asked with a frown.

Recalling last night's events, Lisa's eyebrows scrunched up unconsciously, and slowly he shook his head in disagreement.

"So... you left the building to save Little Friend Chen?" Master Mao asked.

"It's not only Irin. There are a lot of people in this compound, and it's always unsafe for a very dangerous, powerful malevolent ghost to haunt the neighborhood," Lisa said, "Besides, my evil spirit will lie dormant in a low-temperature state. Hence, even if I went out, I shouldn't have been able to discharge too much evil qi."

"You've thought everything through, except for one thing...," Master Mao reminded, "You forgot about yourself."

"..." Lisa fell silent.

"Lisa, you care more about Little Friend Chen than I thought," Master Mao suddenly said out of the blue.

"I didn't do it only for Irin's sake, but for..."

"Please don't rush to explain first," Master Mao interrupted Lisa and said, "Before Little Friend Chen returned to this compound, this compound had been very clean. Not even a single wandering spirit had appeared. If you truly care for the wellbeing of the compound's residents, you should inform your father about this and then have Mayor Chen's family move out of the compound."

Lisa's face changed, and his palms clenched into a ball of fists.

"You have always been aware of the dangers of the evil spirit in your body. Right from the beginning, when we talked about letting you live here because there was abundant spirit qi in this small building, you disagreed to reside here, considering that it was right smack in the city center, and there were also other people living in the compound. You were afraid that your evil spirit will suddenly get out of control one day and hurt the the surrounding people," Master Mao said, "Later, I repeatedly assured you that the arrays I set up in the courtyard can guarantee that as long as you do not step out of the courtyard, even if your evil spirit breaks out, it will not affect the people outside of the array in the the compound. So you reluctantly stayed."

"Yet now, you took the initiative on your own to step out of the small courtyard and unlock the jade clasp for the sake of Little Friend Chen alone."

Lisa suddenly raised his head. His face was pale, and there was a trace of panic in his eyes. Lisa's panic did not originate from Master Mao's questioning, but from the sudden realization that everything Master Mao said was right. He did care about Joohyun...

"Your care for Little Friend Chen is abnormal. What exactly do you..."

"I'm done for! I'm done for! I'm done for!..." A series of screams that wailed from the second floor interrupted Master Mao's unfinished sentence. The two turned their heads and saw Joohyun, running down from the second floor in a panic.

"Third Brother, how are you feeling now?" Joohyun ran to the living room and saw Lisa sitting downstairs at a glance.

In fact, before going to sleep last night, Joohyun had already checked Lisa's condition that his vital qi and evil spirit had recovered. It was only because she did not see Lisa wake up with her own eyes that she still felt slightly uneasy.