Chapter Ten

Felix slept fitfully, troubled dreams whirling through his head.

Shadowy, ghostly shapes tormented him, chasing him in circles and hounding him into small, dark spaces from which there was no escape. Panic rising, with darkness closing in, he thought he was a goner for sure.

But as he waited for the ghoulish beings to consume him, a glowing hand reached down from above. Looking up in wonder, Felix's eyes widened as he saw the face he could never forget, bathed in a warm glow and shining with a serene smile. As he reached out to take Hyunjin's hand, his fears melted away, and he was filled with a sense of peace and contentment such as he'd never known.

Hyunjin gently tugged on his hand, pulling him up into the shining realm above. As Felix soared higher, the sound of harp music reached his ears, seemingly coming from everywhere at once...

Felix sat bolt upright, instantly awake. He didn't know what had woken him - he was too busy trying desperately to hold onto the beautiful dream he'd been having, not wanting to let go of that angelic image of Hyunjin.

But as he closed his eyes again, hoping to slide back into the dream, he suddenly remembered what he'd heard. It had been another thunderclap - he knew it in his very soul. In an instant, he'd thrown off the blanket and leaped to his feet, halfway to the front door before he'd taken his next breath.

Throwing the door wide open, Felix stopped and stared, stunned to silence at the sight before him.

For there he was, the angel from his dream; not a figment of his imagination, a celestial being created by his anguished soul, but a real, live person, standing right in front of him, and sporting the biggest grin Felix had ever seen.

As the freckled boy stared at the green-eyed beauty in shock, his senses told him that something was different. Something he couldn't quite put his finger on...

Ah, that was it! His aura was gone! The faint glow that had surrounded Hyunjin when Felix first saw him in the alley had completely vanished.

The blonde boy now looked quite ordinary, just like every other person on Earth. It didn't lessen his beauty, though - in fact, Felix thought Hyunjin looked more radiant now than he ever had before. He somehow looked more alive.

After a few seconds had passed, Felix blinked, and reality hit him between the eyeballs. Hyunjin was back!!

He launched himself at the taller boy, throwing his arms around him and nearly knocking him over in his excitement. Hyunjin quickly wrapped his arms around Felix, and they shared a long, fierce hug.

"You're back!" Felix whispered into the taller's long locks. The sudden onslaught of emotion had him fighting back tears; they gathered in the corners of his eyes, but he refused to let them fall.

An eternity of heart-bursting emotion later, they pulled apart, both emitting gentle sighs. Their souls had reunited, and they were once more at peace. There was so much more to say, and a mountain of hugs to give, but they had the rest of their lives to do that. For now, they were satisfied.

Felix clasped Hyunjin's hands in his own, pulling him through the doorway. The blonde's eyes were sparkling like diamonds, and a pink blush dusted his cheeks.

"Come on, come and sit down," the freckled boy said excitedly, leading him into the loungeroom. "Oh, wait, hang on, lemme just move this stuff..."

He quickly put the nearly-empty ice cream tub on the table and threw the blanket across the room. Grabbing the remote, he switched off the TV, then took Hyunjin's hand again.

As they sat down on the lounge, Felix suddenly felt shy, ducking his head so he didn't have to meet the other boy's eyes. Seeing the angel bear next to him, he picked it up with his free hand and placed it between them. As he gently stroked the bear's soft fur, a larger hand covered his own. Looking up, he was met with Hyunjin's beautiful face, a soft smile making him almost glow.