Chapter Six ~ Hyunjin

Hyunjin slowly opened his eyes, not sure what woke him up. As his eyes were adjusting to the dim light in the room, his mouth suddenly opened wide in a massive yawn. He instinctively moved to cover his mouth with his hand, but found that he couldn't. Looking down in confusion, he stared in shock at the sight that met his eyes. Just under the doona, Hyunjin's hand was clasped around Felix's, their fingers intertwined together.

It was then that the angel started wondering where they were. A few seconds of observation later, he realised they couldn't still be on the lounge, since it was too small for the two of them to fit. The soft sheets and the cloud-like pillow under his head could only mean one thing ... they were in Felix's bed!

A shocked gasp left Hyunjin's lips as the realisation hit him. The last thing he remembered was sitting on the lounge watching a movie with Felix - so how had he ended up here?? He'd have to ask the freckled boy later.

As he lay there contemplating the situation, a smile slowly spread across his face, and a warm glow spread throughout his body.

Felix let me sleep in his bed! And ... we're holding hands! That must mean ... Felix likes me?!?

It was all the angel could do not to bounce in excitement. He was definitely going to have to talk to Felix later! But for now, he was content to just snuggle closer to the other boy, nuzzling his nose into his neck. As he closed his eyes once more and breathed in Felix's beautiful scent, he started drifting back to sleep, only to be woken moments later by an insistent pressure in his bladder.

Urgh! Why now?? he whined internally. Sighing deeply, he gently disentangled himself from Felix and carefully got out of bed. Tiptoeing to the door, he then made his way down the hallway to the bathroom.

After relieving himself and washing his hands, he headed out of the bathroom again, a grin already appearing on his face at the thought of what waited for him back in the bedroom.

But as soon as he entered the hallway, he stopped short, his grin evaporating in an instant. Standing at the end of the hallway was a tall figure, a cloak hanging from his shoulders and a faint glow surrounding him.

Michael.

"Hello, Hyunjin."

The blonde boy stared at the figure in shock for a few seconds, before managing to mumble, "H-hi."

"Come here," the archangel continued, beckoning with a finger.

Hyunjin hesitantly moved forward til he was standing a couple of metres in front of the imposing angel. His palms suddenly felt sweaty, and his heart was playing a drum solo in his chest.

Michael stared directly into his eyes, a stern look on his face, but then suddenly grinned and patted Hyunjin on the shoulder.

"It's time to go home!" he announced. "Your Father's been watching you, and-"

"Wait - w-watching me??" Hyunjin interrupted, his voice rising in pitch as his stress very quickly turned to panic.

The archangel put his hands up in a conciliatory gesture, shaking his head.

"No, no, don't get your knickers in a twist - not watching as such, just ... checking in on you from time to time, to see how you're doing."

He smiled once more as Hyunjin calmed down.

"He can see that you've learned a lot since coming to Earth. You've been acting more responsibly and actually taking an interest in your life for once. Not to mention being nice to people and making them happy!"

At these words, Hyunjin smiled shyly, a light pink dusting his cheeks as he stared at the floor in embarrassment. Michael leaned forward and lowered his voice.

"Your Father wouldn't want me to say this, but he's actually really proud of you! He didn't think you'd cope here on your own, but you've really surprised us all!"

Leaning back again and returning to a normal voice, he continued.

"He thinks you're ready to come back to Heaven. Your punishment is over. So come on ... the portal awaits!"

Hyunjin whipped his head up at that.

"B-but ... I don't want to go!"

Michael froze, looking completely taken aback.

"I'm sorry - you ... what??"

"I want to stay here. On Earth. I've got a life here now, and someone who really cares about me."

He turned to look at the closed bedroom door, then, and the archangel followed his gaze.

"Ah yes, your Father did mention a certain boy..."

"His name's Felix, and he helped me out when I first arrived. He's done so much for me, and he's kind, and sweet, and ... and I can't just leave him!"

Michael sighed, a sad expression appearing on his face.

"I'm sorry, Hyunjin. I can tell that you really like this boy, but your Father asked me to bring you home, so that's what I have to do. ... I'll tell you what, though. I'll give you 24 hours to say your goodbyes. How's that? I'll be back tomorrow morning."

"Thanks," Hyunjin replied softly, wiping a tear from his cheek.

Michael raised his hand in farewell, then stepped through the doorway and was gone.

Hyunjin stood rooted to the spot for a long minute, staring at the place where Michael had disappeared. His world had been turned upside-down in an instant, all his dreams shattered. Who knew one trip to the bathroom could change so much? He really should have just stayed in bed.

But he knew no matter how much he tried to avoid it, it would have happened anyway. His Father would have found a way. He always managed to ruin everything.

Heaving a shaky sigh, the angel slowly entered the bedroom. Sliding back into the bed, he wrapped himself around Felix, desperate for the warmth and comfort he knew he'd find in his embrace. But to his dismay, the warmth didn't reach his heart, and the comfort couldn't reach his mind.

He didn't want to wake Felix, so he just lay there, tears streaming down his cheeks, feeling more empty and alone than at any time since he'd arrived on Earth.

~♡~

Oh no! Poor Hyunjin! Perhaps a vote will help cheer him up...