Chapter 21: City of Love

(A/n):

...

So... sorry I took forever again. This chapter is supposed to be more special so that's partly the delay but anyway... have fun!

(Third Person's POV)

(Y/n) grunted so much as she resisted. There was prominent struggling between every man (and woman) and the officers as they were forced into this building and manhandled down the hall, through a door, and pushed down the stairs before the officers led them to the lower cells.

"Wait-" the head one stated as (Y/n) was led to a separate cell away from the men. He squinted his eyes narrow and stared at her a moment in silence, contorting his face and then touching his facial features absentmindedly, showing what about her face he gandered at. "Put away the others, but keep the woman for questioning!"

(Y/n) strained at the tug against her body as the door to the cells slammed her friends in, and she was pulled to the stairs. She did break free momentarily, which was a bit tough for her to do but done.

"Wait- please- you don't understand! Her ancestors owned that house-" Tintin tried to explain with his body pressed against the bars.

"I am not leaving them here!" (Y/n) distressfully exclaimed, clinging to the closed bars. When a guard charged for her, she boldly clung to Tintin's forearm to prove resolute. "No! I was with them so I belong here too!"

"Stop saying, 'You belong!' I will not see you cast in iron for the love of it!!" thundered Isaac with paternal finger-pointing.

"Uncle, please," (Y/n) begged.

"Take her away from here!" Isaac shouted, to which an officer grabbed both of the girl's upper arms and pulled her from the bars.

"No! Please-" she cried, exclaiming and grunting.

The officers then rushed out the door with (Y/n) and dragged her into another room. She was forced into a chair at a table and ordered to wait until further notice. (Y/n) slouched timidly when the uncomfortable silence befell her, and lay her head in her hands with a cloud of possibilities swinging over her head.

The head of police walked into the room after a long while and she lifted her head. He proceeded to stand across from her with narrow eyes, seeming to think (Y/n) was more than some nosy trespasser.

At first, they were both quiet until the chief spoke.

"Name?"

"... (Y/n)... "

"Full!"

"(Y/n) (L/n)..." she clarified nervously.

The man eyed her.

"Is that your maiden name?"

(Y/n) inhaled, then shook her head with a girlish pout.

"No."

The chief paused to think, then he put a fist on his hip.

"Why did you interfere with the prohibited mansion under the royal decree?" he asked with a hint of curiosity in his interrogation.