Chapter 7: To Our Good Health!

(Third Person's POV)

It was late in the night.

The prisoners were asleep.

All except one.

Creeek CLANG!

"Huh? Wha-huh?!"

"Get up."

Allan squinted his eyes at the beam emanating from the door of his secluded cell. A figure stood before him, and he lifted his arm to block the harsh light.

"Raven?" he questioned tiredly.

"Sir Grey will suit just fine!"

"O-oh! Yeah-yeah... Sir Grey, ugh-"

"Save it. Let's go."

Allan stood up quickly and wiped the sleep from his eyes, following the man out the door nervously.

"T-thanks for gettin' me out, s-sir!"

"Yes. You should thank me. After all, I could have easily let you rot in jail for failing..." the man spoke nonchalantly, holding up a device and pressing its button.

A surge of electricity shook Allan's hand from the power of it. Allan growled, trying not to scream and get them caught as he grabbed his wrist in anguish. The man he followed released the button and gazed at the cells of sleeping inmates aloofly.

"Or worse," the man finished. "But! I've decided to give you another chance. Aside from that, those ninny detectives that arrested you planned on straining the living sedation out of you after what happened in the flea market! I will not be jeopardized now."

"What about Derral...?"

"He has already been... a dealt with." the figure cackled under his breath.

Allan raised his brows and quaked at the words, but his nerves calmed when the man spoke up again.

"Don't worry; he is waiting for us in the helicopter with the others." He poked Allan with his cane. "But don't think for once that I can't change my mind!"

The man tapped his cane and led the criminal out of prison, stepping casually over all the unconscious officers he vanquished. A couple of helicopters awaited them as well as a one-of-a-kind private jet. Allan followed his instructions and hopped into a helicopter.

"Remember, dear friends; I will be very displeased if you fail yet again. This is the last time I come to rescue you. Have a good flight!" he said, smirking mockingly as he strolled up in his jet.

The engines started. Alert prison guards dashed out in a fury. All the aircraft took off in a hurry, with every pilot waving at the helpless officers smugly. One shook and tossed a small silver cylinder capsule down at the two. The guards ran inside as it began leaking dark blue gas that spread throughout the transportation roof, causing the pilots to laugh in derision as they flew the escapees away.

~~~

The Next Morning...

(Y/n) lay contorted on her sofa, asleep. One leg rested atop the chair's right arm while her head and elbow lay on the opposing one. The girl hadn't woken once after falling asleep the night before and was snoring lightly out of pure exhaustion.

A sweet dove flew in the window and sat on the sill. It cooed, letting others know that they should join. A couple of pigeons listened and sat beside it, curiously examing the space.

Seeing the girl on the sofa, the dove flew up to her and landed on the head of the seat cautiously. Her snores proved it hadn't made her stir, so the dove moved lower, bobbing on her foot. Again, (Y/n) didn't move, so the dove glided onto the cushion nearby her face, cooeing as it did. The dove tilted its head with curiosity, pecking at the buttons on her coat.