Chapter 19: Horseplay

(Your POV)

As we left the rocky place we had found the harp at, I felt so content and confident, stronger than before. I've done something useful for once, and I was glad to have approval from the other guys too.

Maybe I had a chance to be good at this whole adventure thing.

Anyway, the ride back was very short to me- even though it was definitely a lot of hours- from the fun I was having with Tintin and Captain Haddock. It was the first time I had actually sat and sort of hung out with them instead of just talking about what we would do next to figure out my family mysteries.

After Captain Haddock laughed at Tintin and me slyly from spying, I hummed a familiar tune in my head as I leaned my head out of the car on my palm and watched the rocky valley passing us by.

I listened to the sound of my uncle up in the car ahead chatting about something excitedly- by the sound of it. Curiously, I stuck my head out more to watch him talk and gesticulate as I'm used to him doing. It was sorta funny to me, and something I liked about him.

Uncle's chat reminded me of the harp again, and I sat up straight in the car to play with it.

The Captain started talking about something. I think it was some of his and Tintin's accomplishments to the driver.

(Third Person's POV)

"... and the waves rose ahead, filling our minds with terror and complete anguish at our uncertain demise!" The Captain demonstrated with his hand curling in the air. "It was a matter of time before we plundered: our lives flashed before our very eyes!"

Oh wait, he is talking about our near-death experience arriving here, thought (Y/n), smiling a little bit and plucking at the harp strings again. She felt a presence beside her and then became alert of her surroundings when Tintin put a hand on her shoulder. He held out his hand for her to give him the harp, so (Y/n) did. Tintin afterward struck a couple of the harp strings gently, and they actually made a pleasant sound.

The girl raised her eyebrows as Tintin looked at her to make sure she understood, which she did, realizing she was plucking the harp strings way too roughly so that was why she couldn't get it to sound right.

(Y/n) took it back and then started gently playing with the strings to make her own melody; being the random song she'd been humming.

This made her satisfied.

Tintin didn't mind keeping an eye on her longer, just watching her play the harp entertained and smirking just a bit at it. He wouldn't deny that she stood out a bit to him whatever the reason being.

(Y/n) felt his glare on her back so she looked up at him with a confused smile, and a thought occurred.

"Hey-" she spoke; her eyes were suddenly filled with concern. "... I forgot about Ms. Finch and the professor friend of yours on the island!" she blurted out, furrowing her eyebrows a little at the mention of their names.

"Thomson and Thompson know about the island; if you remember, your uncle radioed them on the way to help us. I'm sure they're back to safety by now," assured Tintin.

(Y/n) blinked before dropping her mouth agape, recollecting everything and feeling relief.

"Oh yeah ... that's right... I was worried Ms. Finch might've been..." she gesticulated her hands to motion the obvious of what inevitable she thought might've been, but after which she changed the subject. "I'm glad they're alright... and I hope those jerks there all get arrested!"

"Well, there is no reason to worry about them anymore, Ms.-" replied the reporter, quieting before finishing. "(Y/n)."

The girl smiled, then looked away for a brief time to lean her head out the window. She started watching the rocks pass by and drifted into imagining scenarios of what she remembered Tintin saying his first adventure with Captain Haddock was: fighting pirates, trudging through deserts, finding treasure in a globe. Her face glowed as she visioned every scene to the best of her capacity.