Chapter 4: You Always Wanted A Holiday!

(Third Person's POV)

"Allan Thompson and Derral Whittington! Former escaped convicts, now behind bars once again!" Thomson stated, throwing down the old newspaper headline on the desk.

Tintin, (Y/n), and Snowy stood inside the police station to discuss the events.

"Why were they originally jailed in the first place?" (Y/n) asked.

The police station was bustling that day. Phones rang constantly, officers chattered among the other detectives loudly, and bystanders were brought inside the lobby for questioning.

"Derral Whittington was caught loitering a secluded area and has also committed multiple felonious crimes, including a charge of kidnapping," answered Thompson.

"As for Allan Thompson, ha! Why don't you tell her, Tintin?" Thomson said.

"It's a long story... but Allan used to be the first mate of my companion, Captain Archibald Haddock," Tintin said to (Y/n). "He recently betrayed him for a man named Ivan Ivanitch Sakharine, who stole Haddock's ship and locked him away in his quarter's with a load of alcohol to keep him at bay! I befriended the Captain, and we were able to stop Sakharine from fulfilling his schemes- finding Captain Haddock's rightful treasure!"

(Y/n) raised her brows in disbelief.

"Treasure? Like... gold, diamonds, and stuff?" she repeated.

"Yes, and quite a lot of it!" chimed Thompson. "After the crew's arrest, we thought that'd be the last we'd see of them!"

"But Allan seems to have more fight in him than we suspected... and it's quite odd that the first thing he does is go out and kidnap an innocent young lady with the help of a common criminal!" Thomson added.

"Odd, but not surprising!" stated Thompson, mutually knowing some clues about the topic.

"Yes-yes! Speaking of which, it's time we released information to the both of you!"

"Being?" questioned Tintin.

"You see, while you were gone, there was a massive number of disappearances of archaeologists and officers in Belgium, as well as England and France!" answered Thomson.

"For years, now, specific self-titled freelance investigators would often hear about the Cornelius Family Legend and decide to venture on to solve it," spoke Thompson.

"Of course, every one of them would end up disappearing without a trace or go missing for months on end!" added Thomson. "And when found, their memories of the event were completely erased!"

"So it has been issued that such a mystery be forbidden to be sought by any person, no matter the rank, due to such odd and dangerous fates!"

"For a time, the disappearances stopped, but recently we decided to have a deeper investigation of the case, and nearly all our detectives went missing!"

"So we are determined to get to the bottom of this, as well as firmly issue once again that nobody embarks the mystery without permission from the authorities. It's a risky trip even for the brave of heart. However, we may need your help, Tintin, to discover the cause of such demise!"

Tintin tilted his head.

"But what legend is this that has caused such mishaps?"

The officers looked around as if a criminal were listening... in the police department and spoke quieter.

"Decades ago, there was a wealthy family who had hidden an item said to make the finder to be one of the most powerful people in Europe!" spoke Thomson.