Chapter 20: Apprension

(A/n): HEYYY...

Also, I know haven't been good at keeping up. I'm really sorry, I didn't even feel the time fly by and when I saw how long it had been I began writing vigorously to finish. I do plan on finishing this story so don't think I will leave y'all hanging! I intend to finish this story- period!

Anywayyayay I hope you enjoy. I like the support I've had so far and please continue leaving comments because I enjoy seeing what y'all say lol!

(Third Person's POV)

The Starlings tweeted in the delight of the sun. A yellow glow from another chapter of life unfolded over the shoreline and covered the pension with a bit of warmth. And the glow raised over the garden where a couple of birds began to fly away.

Even in this, there was more than just a happy morning for some.

"So it looks like the reporter and his old friend are joining our pilgrimage," the younger said.

"Through the company of the dearest, sweetest young (L/n)," the more mature spoke, calm but possibly irritated, although it was unreadable for his companion.

There was a pause, and the younger individual turned to face the other with an assumption of his emotion.

"I deduce we dispatch, hm?"

"No-" blared the mature. "I've seen what these inferiorities can do. We need them on our end. We can use all their itty bitty help."

"Itty?" questioned the young, voice as silk and intensely charming.

"Indeed." The more mature turned away to leave.

"Not concerned are we that they will catch us using them-"

"NO- I am not-" growled the posh, older man. He wanted to remain calm from his animalistic anger issues and let out an exhale, stroking his facial hair. "I don't want to hinder them... keep the plans changed. Use them. Use them notoriously. I will not waste another hour after so many dreadful years and battle against our next rivals when we can merely keep them instead.

Let them be. We will come out in due time... I swear on that..."

And with that, the mature walked the opposing way of the hotel, while his young compatriot remained fixed on the building with sheer focus on his goal.

Meanwhile...

The Captain, Tintin, and Snowy slept in later than yesterday morning, but we're now alert and passing by the halls, which were mostly windows to their left.

They were striding somewhat quickly as the two were having a casual conversation.

"... It'll be a sumptuous upgrade, aye, laddie?" Haddock was saying.

Tintin, hands behind his back, was attentive and smiling aloofly in agreement.

They made their way around the corner where (Y/n)'s room was, and as soon as they arrived at her hall, the girl exited the room and shut the door behind her.

Upon eye contact, Tintin's body posture rose along with his eyebrows.

"Ah- there's our little troublemaker! Ahoy, lassie!" greeted Captain Haddock with a tip of his cap.

"Oh- Captain!" (Y/n) chirped, startled by the presence of her friends.

Snowy yipped up at the girl so she bent down to pet him before walking to the boys.

"Morning guys!" she greeted, stepping close and tippy-toeing to give the Captain a light hug, having developed a close enough bond by now.

Coming in close with a small smile, (Y/n) looked at Tintin with similar intentions. However, once her hand lay on his shoulder, she remembered his unenthusiasm from the last time and decided against it.