Every Angel-Demon Makes Mistakes

After explaining my ideas to Tom and promising to buy him a balaclava we set off to go and get a change of outfit and various other things that would put us on our road to a brand new life.

Walking from shop to shop with a gradually growing pile of bags and clothes we finally ventured into a 'cool' shop. Only the best fashion suits this face.

"No leather jackets," I said sternly, noticing Tom automatically migrate to that section of the store. "You're always in a leather jacket."

"I like leather jackets..." Tom whined.

"No."

"Alright then, you don't get any hats or glasses," Tom smirked.

"No!" I cried. "I need my hats! And my choice of lenses is fabulous!"

"If I don't get the stuff I like, neither do you."

"Evil," I grumbled. Then my eyes lit up and I darted around, grabbing things.

"Here, put these on," I ordered, thrusting my armful of clothes at Tom. He staggered slightly under the weight and I grinned, pushing him to the changing rooms.

"Go on," I said, waving him away. He gave me a death glare and then vanished from sight.

*

I waited for what seemed like forever for him to return. When he did I immediately started laughing.

"I knew it!" I yelled, punching the air triumphantly. "I knew you'd suit a top with kittens on it!"

"Shut up," he muttered, retreating back into the changing rooms hurriedly. I sat down again, cackling to myself and getting a lot of odd looks.

"Oh, get over it," I muttered, putting my feet up on the seat next to me and folding my arms. There was a cough and I looked up with a bored expression. A store official was stood next to me, arms folded.

"Are you waiting for anyone?" he asked frostily.

"Yes."

"Who?"

"Someone."

The official laughed slightly, but it was a cold laugh. "Stop messing around or we'll throw you out of the store."

I fixed him with a hard glare. "I'd like to see you try," I said coolly, standing up.

"You really should have stayed sat down," Salt said, shaking his head. "And not started a fight."

"I'm not fighting with you, sir," I said. "So don't call for backup." I'd seen him reach for his radio and was happy to surprise him by interrupting his movements with a simple comment.

"I'm going to have to take your name," the official said.

"And I'm going to have to take it back," I retorted. "Sorry, I don't give personal information to strangers." I turned my back on him and folded my arms, praying silently that Tom would hurry up.

Godspeed, peasant, I sent the man in question.

Why?

I'm being questioned by shop people.

Really? I thought you were trying to get a new life!

I am! I don't go outside normally so this is a Goddamn first!  

Tom emerged from the changing rooms with his jacket done up to his neck. He caught my eye and nodded towards the door, ice cracking across the floor in front of him to craft a speedier path.