Message Of The Mind

Screaming, crying, lots of it.

You're missing out, Pepper.

Pepper?

Don't tell me you're actually dead. You can't be dead. If you're dead then I should be dead.

Wait, you're... you're moving away from me. Or am I moving away from you? I don't know.

I knew your thoughts, every little desire. Now I don't have anything.

Something has separated us, Pepper. We feed off one another, didn't you know? That's why I didn't want you to use the machine.

Yes, you're dying, or dead, but you don't have the demons in you. I... might have lied when it came to writing out the plans, leaving the trail of breadcrumbs for Thunder to find. I knew that the demons would go but they don't need a host. They don't need a body. They are made of pure, simple magic, and all of that magic has gone into you. But the demons have vanished.

Let me explain. The demon part of this magic entity was the brain, the subconscious. When you activated the machine the demons came alive, waking up. When you absorbed them you killed their brains, locking their conscious minds outside of you.

That's why there was a body swap. The demons needed somewhere to go but, without a body to see by, didn't know who to go to. So there was an explosion of magic residue bu they moved your brains instead of their own. This last action was too much for the demons and they went. The conscious mind of two demons was destroyed by you and you alone, Pepper.

Do you know how much of an achievement this is?

Even though the demons are gone their magic remains, like I said. But there are no alter egos for Josh and Shaade. They will continue their lives but be in control of their powers. This in itself could snap them and make them turn evil and so you need to keep an eye on them. You've already held Shaade prisoner once, you can do it again.

Wait... he turned the tables and caught you... ignore me.

So, look. Shaade and Josh are fine, they have their magic and are happy bunnies. You, however, are still battling your own surge of power. You will have super speed as usual but your mind is moving too fast for even you to keep up with at full pelt. This is because there is too much magic in you.

You need to feed the magic to an outside entity. But we don't want those demons coming back, do we? So this outside entity needs to be inside you but separate.

Hmm... How about me?

I've become even more distant from you but I'm still connected, Pepper. There is a link between us so just pour your magic down it. Not too much - I don't want you to die! Yeah, that'll do it.

Now, open your eyes. You alone can see me but nobody else can.

Cool, huh?