𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"Yeah? You want to talk about uncoordinated?" I challenged, stepping up and uttering, "Mr. I-crashed-into-a-bridge-on-a-straight-ass-road."

He scowled at me and I smiled smugly, gratified I'd managed to leave him momentarily speechless as he did with me last time. 

"Y/N!" called Heiko, and the two of us snapped out of our little staredown. I hadn't realised how close our faces had gotten, and I don't think he had, either.

I turned around and pretended we hadn't been talking as my Japanese friend came over. "What's up Heiko?"

She huffed like it was the end of the world. "I got math homework I don't understand any of. We're still studying together, right?" 

☆★☆

The moment I got home, meaning to take a quick shower before leaving, I was swept up in a boa-constrictor-like hug.

"Hey bitch, I missed you," said my attacker.

Once my surprise wore off, I hugged my big sister back excitedly. "Mina, what are you doing back?" Five years older, Mina had left a few years ago after being accepted into the Paris Opera Ballet School. And for a petite dancer who was also shorter than me, that really didn't stop her ability to deprive others of oxygen.

She finally let me go. "I'm on my break, thought I'd come over and surprise you. Dad let me in, but had to go to the lab. Where's mum?"

"Work supply run," I said but then giggled. I loved Mina but she didn't always think things through. "Mimi, what were you gonna do if Dad wasn't home?"

"Babe, I know how to use a card and bobby pins." She shrugged like it was nothing. "But enough about my experience with off-limits floors and lockers, what's been happening since the big move?"

I laughed again. There was a lot to catch my big sister up on.

☆★☆

I sort of wanted to go, but I sort of didn't. But basically everyone was, including Kyungmin and Haemin, who was picking me up in five minutes. Even Bo-Bae was going. MNH vs HYBE. It had been the talk of the school. I'd even heard random people on the street talking about it. A lot of the talk had involved watching Myungho bat.

It was almost dusk outside, but the game would go into the night. After getting ready, I went downstairs.

"I love this new y2k moment," said Mina, appraising me from the countertop

"Yes, you loved it so much you absconded to Paris with my old clothes," countered Mum, holding a very large knife at the cutting board.