Can't Catch A Break (Alternate Epilogue: Peter)

Start from the beginning

"Karen, you there?" I ask, tapping a hidden button on my airpods. I'd altered them myself, because I decided it would be a good idea to have access to Karen even when I'm not in my suit. I want to make her voice activated next, I plan on doing that this weekend.

"Yes, Peter."

"Is Mr Stark close?"

"I'm not sure, I cannot access his location."

"Weird." I hum. "Well, can you tell FRIDAY to tell him that I'll just swing home. He should have been here by now, he probably fell asleep in the lab."

"Message sent."

"Thanks, Karen." I say, slipping my AirPods away before walking off. I walk a few minutes until I find a vacant alleyway, and I quickly pull my suit out of my bag and get changed. Usually I'd web my bag to the wall, but I have homework. So today I swing with it on my back.

I swing along the city, taking my time in case anyone needs help. I will be back to patrol later tonight, but it doesn't hurt to help on my way.

About five minute from the tower I pause, landing on a street sign and looking down at a little girl who had set up a lemonade stand outside what I assume to be her parents' shop.

"Hi Mr spider-man!" She jumps up and down, waving enthusiastically.
"Hey there!" I wave at her cheerfully. "Making lots of money?"
"Twenty two dollars so far! I'm going to spent it on my dad for Father's Day!"
"Aww that's nice of you! What are you going to get him?"
Should I be getting mr Stark something for Father's Day? What will I even get him? I've never bought anyone anything for Father's Day before. And what do you get the man that has access to literally everything?

"I'm going to get him a wallet because mummy says he's always leaving his at hooker's. If it's a special wallet I think he'll remember to not forget it more."
I bulk at what she said.
"H-hookers?" I ask timidly, cringing.

"Yeah! I guess he really loves fishing. If I have any extra money left over I'm going to buy him a hat that has a fish on it! It might be Nemo."
I chuckle awkwardly. Thank god for childlike innocence. "Well that's great! I'm sure he'll love it!"
"Thanks, mr Spider-Man! What about you? What will you get your daddy? Or do you think you'll be getting Father's Day presents?"

I smile under the mask. "Hmm. How old do you think I am?" I ask her.
She gives a thinking face only a child could do. "At least seven! I'm five."
I laugh at that. Kids. "That's a good guess."
"So you're seven?"
"Not telling!" I remark gleefully, waving my finger at her. She drops her jaw in mock shock and giggles.

"Peter, reports of a robbery in process are coming from the Asian grocer two blocks away." Karen informs me.
I look up. "Got it." I turn back to the girl and wave. "Gotta swing, tell your father happy Father's Day for me!"
"Okay! Bye, Spider-Man!" She grins. I fire a web and swing away.

I stop the robbery fairly easily, leaving all the criminals webbed up outside before I swing off towards the tower. I'd not even gotten injured, and they'd only been armed with knives so it was a pretty easy takedown. As I'm swinging, my spider sense goes off and I look down to see a man steal a bike. I let go of my web and back flip down to land right next to the thief.

I grab the handlebars with one hand and jerk the bike to a stop, using my other hand to catch the guy by his pack pack as he flies over the bars from the sudden stop. "And that's why we wear a helmet!" I quip, saving him from smashing head first into a wall. He turns and glares at me.

A few moments later, I've webbed up the criminal so that's hes swinging back and forth from a lamp post. "That should teach you not to steal!" I beam, setting the bike aside safely. He just spits a few profanities at me, which I pretend to be hurt about.
"Hang tight," I grin up at him, not that he can see. "The cops are..."