"When I was admitted to college, I promised the village chief that if I can make money in the future, I will find a way to help the village build a road." Thinking that she's able to make money now, Joohyun said excitedly, "So I want to ask how much money is needed, that way, I can plan well ah."

Joohyun was still speaking with excitement, she simply didn't realize that the three people's faces suddenly became heavy, and after she finished speaking, Mother Chen was already crying.

"Mom, why are you crying?" Joohyun was startled.

"When you were a kid, you had to walk through the mountain for two and a half hours to go to school, isn't the mountain road dangerous? Did you have any adults with you?" The more Mother Chen said, the more she felt aggrieved, it was as if she saw Joohyun, at the age of six or seven, such a little child, crossing over mountain after mountain while the sky is still dark by herself to go to school.

"Mom, mom, don't cry, am I not okay now?" Joohyun understood that Mother Chen felt distressed for her, she suddenly felt a twinge of guilt, she herself didn't feel that it was that hard when she was a child, but when she saw Mother Chen sad like this, she also felt somewhat unwell.

Chen Yang handed over the napkin, while Joohyun pulled out two sheets and helped wipe Mother Chen's tears.

"Right, isn't the child okay now? Don't cry." Mayor Chen was also somewhat sad, but he was more rational than Mother Chen.

Mayor Chen knew, when Joohyun was brought to Qingmu Province, she fell ill before they can find a buyer. The traffickers looked for several village doctors for her, but when they heard that it can't be cured, they threw Joohyun in the mountains for fear of getting into more trouble. Joohyun happened to be picked up by Wu Li who was going out to do things for others, then he brought her to Damu Village to raise her up.

Therefore, with how kind the people in Damu Village were to Joohyun, she will always remember to repay them, and that's why she wanted to build them a road. Mayor Chen was both proud and ashamed of his daughter's approach of repaying back in his heart.

"If you just want to build a road in the village, it won't take much money, but if you want to build Panshan highway that connects the urban area, then you can't do it alone." Mayor Chen looked at his daughter and patiently explained.

Joohyun didn't know much about this aspect, "But the village chief said that the road was about to be built ten years ago, but because of the lack of funds, there's no way to build it anymore."

"The local government might had a plan ten years ago, but then it was stranded for some reason." Mayor Chen speculated.

"Then, how can I build the road ah?" Joohyun said anxiously.

Mother Chen saw her daughter's anxiousness and immediately helped her, "Jianxun, do you know anyone in Qingmu Province? Help your daughter to ask around."

Mayor Chen looked at his wife, frowning in difficulty.

"It's not that I'm asking you to do anything, isn't it just asking? Can't it be done?" Mother Chen thought that this matter wouldn't violate any law, it was just asking, so there should be no problem.

Mayor Chen saw his daughter's expectant gaze, then he nodded after some thoughts, "I'll find someone to inquire."

"Thank you, dad!" Joohyun was immediately very happy.

Mayor Chen stood up, rubbed his daughter's head and said warmly, "I'm going to work."

The time passed quickly, and in a blink of an eye, it was almost time for school. Mother Chen originally wanted to send her daughter to school in person, but because of some matter, she had to go to another part of the country for a few days, so she just gave her daughter the things that she prepared in advance, and then told Joohyun in passing that she has to put on sunscreen during military training sessions to prevent her skin from getting darker.