52

This chapter is dedicated to Antracia. Thanks for your massive vote.

"I'm really sorry," Peter pleaded again after explaining everything that happened.

"Your greediness caused the life of my husband, I lost my husband because of you." Success cried.

"We're really sorry." This time it was Charles who apologized.

"There's nothing we can do about that, what's done is done." Success finally said.

"I can't believe it. I can't believe this!" Rose screamed. She can't believe that the guy she loved was the son of the man that caused the death of her father.

"Rose, I'm so sorry." Charles pleaded sensing that Rose was angry and this was what he had been avoiding, this was what he didn't want her to know. This was the same truth that he was scared that once she knows it, she would keep her distance from him. This was the truth that made him accept the bet.

"I... I want some time alone please, here is too congested." Rose said and everyone left the room except her sister.

"Rose, what's the problem?" Diamond asked her.

"Nothing," Rose replied.

"You know I won't buy that."

"It's just that, I can't believe that it was Charles' dad that caused the death of our dad. So this was what you and mom were trying to avoid, this was why mom didn't want me to tell Charles about my pregnancy. They... They wronged us, because of their greediness."

"Yes, this was what we were avoiding, but you shouldn't take it out on Charles because he was also a kid, he didn't know anything about that then."

"I think he knows, and he hid the truth. I don't believe that Charles doesn't know the truth, he knew it but he hid it. Charles hid it from me." She cried.

"Oh, dear. I'm so sorry." Diamond consoled her but tears refused to stop falling from her eyes. "So what do you plan to do with Charles now."

"To be sincere, I don't know. I don't even know what I feel anymore."

"Ahn Ahn, why?"

"It's complicated. I don't think I can look him in the eye anymore. I feel any time I look at him, I would remember what his father did to dad."

"Oh, dear."

"I just wish I didn't remember anything and his dad didn't confess everything."

"That shows that they are sorry."

"I know, but I can't change my feelings. I just can't."

"Hmmm... I just pity the guy. He loves you so much."

"And I do too."

"I'm sure there's a reason why he kept it from you, you know we also kept it from you, he was trying to protect you, we all love you."

"Diam... Don't try to defend him. Don't, please, I'm sure when I give myself time, I would figure out how I feel. I just need time to rethink this. Please I need to get out of this hospital."

"Okay, the doctors said your case isn't serious anymore that once you wake up, you can be discharged."

"Thank God."

* * * * *

Three days after Rose was discharged from the hospital, she had refused to talk to Charles nor even see him. It was disheartening for Charles and he was confused as to what to do. Now he was in front of her house, a bouquet of flower in his left hand and his right hand two gift bags, one for Bryan and one for Rose. He knocked on the door and it was opened by Rose's mother.