6

CHARLES' APARTMENT
SUNDAY 4:00pm.

" But I hate her, I hate her!" Martins bursted, " don't you remember what her family did to mine?"

"Didn't we agree it was all a misunderstanding, we don't know the truth about that yet..." Charles said.

"Yes, Martins, I think he was framed, I think they blamed it all on him after he died." Rhema reasoned.

" Well, I don't care, I want revenge! I want revenge and I must get one."

"Martins Nwanekezie!" Both Charles and Rhema yelled.

" Charles, since I'm the winner, I get to choose the bet, you're to make her love you, fxck her and then dump her, and after doing that, tell me, if you don't tell me, I'll find out."

" You must be insane! What the fxck is wrong with you Martins?" Charles screamed.

" And if you don't do it, I'll reveal what happened twelve years ago." Martins warned making Charles dash at him giving him a hard blow.

"I can't believe this Martins, I thought you've gotten over it" Rhema asked bewildered which made Martins scoff.

" I haven't and I won't, I can change my mind if only Charles does as I say, What do you think Charles?" Martins asked laughing hysterically.

" I think you're insane and must be joking!" Charles roared.

" Then try me, you know what will happen to her family once I reveal the truth right? You know, so think twice, you aren't killing her." With that said, Martins left leaving both Charles and Rhema in deep thoughts.

GOLDEN FAME UNIVERSITY
LADY DEBORAH'S HALL
RM 301
THREE WEEKS LATER

Charles and Rose had been hitting it off since the party and they've become quite close. Today was Sunday and Rose was already back from fellowship, she was quite hungry so she dished out the rice and stew from her pot and quickly switched off the socket to remove her hot plate. It was prohibited to cook in the room but she had no choice but to go against the rules because the kitchen sockets were all occupied, and the stress from her room to the kitchen is something else.

She picked her food and sat on her bed to eat when she received a message on her phone. She opened the message on Whatsapp and smiled knowing it's Charles.

Hey gorgeous, will you be around tomorrow by 5pm.

What's popping at that time?

A date?

Then soon a voice note from Charles was sent, she pressed it to listen.

"Hey gorgeous, I'd like to take you out on a date tomorrow, if you don't mind."

She laughed, he can be so cute at times.

"I actually mind, I supposed to be reading at the library by that time Charles."

"C'mon Rose, live a little, a date just for tomorrow, pleaseee"

"Geez! You act like baby sometimes, alright, I guess I could clear up my schedule by that time tomorrow."

"Oh my! Thanks gorgeous. I'm positive you won't regret it. So I'd come pick you up in your hostel, okay with that?"

"No, I don't want attention, just send me the address."

"Geez! don't be a baby,let me come pick you, please?"

"Alright, see you tomorrow."