19

CHARLES’ FAMILY HOUSE
SATURDAY, 9:01 A.M

“Young oga, welcome sir.” The maid greeted him as he entered the house.

“Agnes! Who is that?” Evelyn Ugwuoke, his mother shouted from inside.

“Madam, na young oga o, he don come back from his school.”

“Charles!” His mother called him from inside, he could see her coming out of the kitchen to meet him. He smiled at her. He missed his mom so much.

“Mom!” he hugged her, “ I missed you, mom.”

“I miss you too, son.”

“Agnes, go and arrange his room for him, and be fast about it.”

“Okay madam.” the young maid hurried to do the task given to her.

“My son, come and sit, okay? The food is almost ready. Why didn’t you call me you were coming home? I would have prepared your favorite food.”

“I’m sorry mom, I wanted to surprise you all…”

“And you’ve succeeded.”

“What about Sapphire?”

“She went to work... ” His mother said, then seconds later, he could see Agnes coming down the stairs.

“Madam, I don finish cleaning, young oga, you fit go back to your room now”

“Alright, thank you,” he faced his mother, “Mom, let me quickly freshen up”

“No problem son, I'd be waiting here for you, I'm just so glad you came back to visit, but I still wonder why you brought your suitcase.”

“mom, I'd tell you everything later, I need to freshen up now, talk to you soon, love ya.”

"Love ya too."

* * * * *

That evening, as Sapphire came into the mansion, she was immediately attacked by her mom, Evelyn.

"Where are you coming back by this time?" Her mom asked her.

"From work, mom."

"Sapphire, working hours close by 5 p.m, and this is nine minutes past the hour of eight, I'll ask again, Sapphire, why are you coming back by this time?"

"But mom... Dad usually comes back home late too."

"You're not your daddy, you are my daughter."

"Okay o, I had dinner with a friend."

"Dinner with a friend?"

"Yes, mom."

"Who's this friend?"

"Mom! That's an invasion."

"My dear, I'm your mom, there's nothing like an invasion, I simply just want to know my daughter's friend. A girl or a boy? I mean, a lady or a guy?"

"A guy, mom."

"Hmmmm, a guy, just a friend or more?"

"Mom, I'm not answering that, I'm going to my room mom, has dad come back already?"

"No, he hasn't, but your brother is back from school."

"Charles is back?"

"Yes, and he has been gloomy since he came back, he refused to tell me what's making him unhappy, he just told me that he wants to leave his school and study abroad, I don't understand. "

" Hmmm... "

" I know right? Now hurry, and make sure you talk with him. "

" Sure, mom. " And she left to her room to change, before heading to Charles' room."