Chapter 26

It was the time of night, the moon was shining over the Mehta house and tight security was there also. Inside it, Avni was sitting on the bed and she looked upset. Neela maa was coming to Avni's room but she stopped to see Avni upset. Neela maa smiled and she came to Avni.

Nm: Avni.

Avni came out of her thoughts. She looked at Neela maa and looked down.

Nm: Avni, woh Mr. Sinha ne ek party throw ki hai to humain wahan jana hai jaldi se ready ho jao.

Avni: Mamma, mera mood nahi hai.

Nm: Avni, humara jana zarori hai aur hum tumhe akele ghar per chor kar nahi jaa sakte.

Avni got irritated. Avni got up in anger.

Avni: Mamma, please, aaj hi yeh incident howa hai aur mujhe abhi se suffocation hona shuru ho gai hai. Aur waise bhi aap ka woh ladla ACP Neil Khanna mujhe ghar se bahar kadam rakhne bhi nahi dega. Didn't you see the security outside. Us ka bus chale to mujhe room main kaid kar le.

Neela maa smiled and Avni looked away by folding her arms.

Nm: Bacha, yeh humara pyaar hai.

No reply.

Nm: main tumhare liye dress nikal rahi hun hum jaa rahe hain.

Avni: Mamma...

Nm: no argument.

Neela maa goes to the cupboard. Avni got frustrated and she goes to get fresh in anger. Neela maa smiled while choosing a dress.

Later, Avni came downstairs and she was ready but her precious smile was missing.

Avni came to the living area where her mother was present only

Avni came to the living area where her mother was present only. Avni looked up and frowned to see her mother. Avni looked around.

Avni: mamma, where is papa?

Nm: ab, h, he is coming.

Avni looked at her mother and she felt weird.

Avni: mamma, please, I don’t want to go and now Neil has sent the security so, I am safe here. I am not at all interested in going to any party.

Neela maa made a face and Avni made a sat face. Suddenly, Neela maa remembered something.

Nm: oh, no.

Avni frowned.

Avni: what happened?

Nm: Madhvi ne meri saree upar chat per sukhne ke liye rakhi thi aur kaha ke utar dena lekin main bhul gai. Ab, abhi jana parega.

Neela maa made a sad face and she was about to move.

Avni: wait, main jati hun.

Nm: nahi, bacha, tum mat…