Chapter 34

It was the time of night, the stars were twinkling in the sky and the moon was shining over the Khanna mansion and it peeped into the room through the window of the room and the curtains were flying because of the wind. It was Neil’s room where Neil was laying on the bed and his face was showing immense grief.

On the other side, Avni was also laying on the bed and her eyes were moist. She was also in grief and she looked tired too. She felt like she had been lost in a desert and she is in search of water to quench her thirst but she is not getting water. She has walked miles in search of the water but there is no sign of water. Now she has got tired and she can’t walk anymore. Her all energy is drained now. She can’t even trust her feet anymore. She felt like if she took another step then she will definitely fall. This is Avni’s condition right now. She is thirsty for peace. She is in search of peace but she is not getting it anywhere. The person who can make her feel good; who can give her peace that person has given her another wound. She didn’t even think in her weirdest dream that Neil will do this to her. He will forcefully fill her hairline. Avni was missing her parents badly. It

Avni and Neil think of the time when they were a happy couple and they saw the flashes of their happy time and Neil saw the flashes where Avni asked him that she wants to break their alliance.

Flashback:

1. Everyone was sitting in the living area.

Avni: I am sorry lekin main yeh shadi nahi kar sakti. In fact, I think, humain is rishte ko yahi khatam kar dena chahiye.

2. Avni and Neil were in the room.

Neil: kya tha yeb sab niche, han? Kya tha? Tum humhara rishta khatam karna chahti ho. Humari engagement torna chahti ho?  Mujhse shadi nahi karna chahti? Han, bolo, jawab do.

3. Avni: Han, main humara khatam karna chahti hun.

4. Neil filled Avni’s hairline with his blood. Avni touched her forehead and then she saw the blood on her hand. Avni was shocked.

5. Neil tied the locket around Avni's neck who was in shock. Neil held Avni's arms and he looked at the locket. Avni too saw that.

Neil: Yeh locket tumhara mangalsutra hai jab tak hum sab rituals ke sath shadi nahi karte tab tak.

Avni was shocked.

Neil: Shadi mubarak ho.

Avni was shocked.

Flashback ends.

Avni wiped her teary eyes. Neil closed his eyes and a tear fell from the corner of his eye. Avni sobbed. They thought about each other and then they drifted to sleep while thinking about each other and their life. They were exhausted.

The next morning, the Khanna family was sitting at the dining table but no one was in the mood to have breakfast. Neil came downstairs and he slowed down his speed to see his family. Shweta stood up by seeing Neil.

Shweta: Tillu. Aa breakfast kar le.

Neil came forward.

Neil: No, mom, mujhe bhukh nahi hai aur main police station ke liye late ho raha hun aap log breakfast kijiye.

Shweta felt sad and helpless. She can’t see her son in this state.

Prakash: Aa jaa breakfast kar le. Ase bina khana khaye, khali pait ghar se nahi nikalte. Aa jaa beth.

Neil: Sorry, Dad but main police station ke liye late ho raha hun aur meri aaj commissioner sir ke sath meeting bhi hai to sorry lekin mujhe jana hoga, bye.

Neil turned to go but he stopped and turned to his family.

Neil: and yes, aap sab log aaj sham ko Mehta house pohanch jaiye ga. Mujhe aap sab logon se kuch important baat karni hai.