Chapter 17: Her Choice

Rani yawned and woke up. She caught a scent of meat. She looked up and saw a zebra. Rani looked around, but Kion wasn't there.

The zebra was right next to her, so Rani didn't have to move. She started eating the zebra.

Rani looked at her sprained paw. It felt numb. The only thing that could numb pain was Poppy seeds.

Kion came into view. He was dragging another zebra. He set the freshly caught zebra, next to the already half eaten one.

"Thanks for the food," Rani licked her muzzle. "No problem," Kion smiled. He touched her sprained paw and inspected it.

"Kion? What are you doing?" Rani asked. "Making sure your paw gets healed. Does it feel numbed?" Kion stated. Rani nodded. "So the Poppy seeds worked then," Kion smiled.

"Since when do you know how to heal?" Rani asked with a chuckle. "Well spending about a month in the tree with a ripped open stomach and chest, with a pretty lioness as my healer, saying what each herb did, I just remembered," Kion smirked.

Rani blushed, "You called me pretty." "What? Do you not want me to speak the truth?" Kion smirked.

Rani pushed him away, still blushing. Kion chuckled.

Rani went back to eating the zebra. Kion sat and watched her, his tail wrapped over his paws.

Rani looked up, "Aren't you going to eat? Normally in a pride, the male eats first." Kion chuckled, "First, we aren't really a pride. Just two lions. Second, it should be  lionesses first. After all, you do the hunting."

"You hunted this time," Rani smiled. "True, but you can eat first. I can survive longer without food that you can," Kion smirked.

"Thanks," Rani started eating again.

"Have you made your decision yet?" Kion asked. Rani looked up, "What decision?" "If you are going to go back to the tree, and marry someone else." Kion stated.

"I want to go back, but I don't want my dad forcing me to marry. Besides, I made my decision a long time ago," Rani smirked.

Kion raised an eyebrow. "You silly," Rani chuckled. "Why me?" Kion asked. "First, because of that night. Second, I like you, and third, because you are kind, caring, attractive, and sweet," Rani explained.

Kion smirked, "And what if I were to say the same thing to you?" Rani smirked back.

(Kion's face expression at the end is hilarious. If you want to just see that, it's at about 2:35)

Rani nuzzled him, "I pick you Kion. There is no other lion I would rather spend my life with, than you."

Kion smirked, "And there is no other lioness I'd rather spend my life with."

Rani wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him, "You're all mine now." Kion chuckled.

"So, we stay here right? This is our new home?" Rani asked. "Anything you decide," Kion smiled. Rani licked his muzzle, "Then I choose to stay here."