Chapter 5: First Competition

"ROAR!" Kion jumped up in suprise. Aisi, Jacan, Alphonse, Blaze, Zin, and Etan also did to.

Kion looked up and saw Rani by her dad, Sahasi. Rani chuckled at Kion. Kion smirked. He stood up and stretched. He shook out his mane.

"The first competition is today," Sahasi said, "Kion and Blaze, you need to get along, while in competition." Blaze rolled his eyes, and Kion groaned. "Rani gets to pick the competition," Sahasi walked out, "Let's go!"

Rani smiled at Kion and walked with her dad. Kion, Blaze, Etan, Alphonse, Aisi, Jacan, and Zin followed. Blaze whispered in Kion's ear, "Good luck cub." Kion looked up at him coolly, "Remember, we have to get along. Although I do hate being nice to you," Kion rolled his eye's.

"Whatever," Blaze growled and walked ahead.

Sahasi, Rani, and Ananda stood on the crowning rock. Baliyo was in the crowd.

"Rani gets to pick the first competition!" Sahasi shouted. He turned to Rani. Rani stepped forward, "I chose strength. They have to climb up a ridge. First up gets a point!" Rani shouted.

Kion smirked. Strength was his best ability.

Rani, Sahasi, Ananda, Kion, and the others walked to the ridge. Rani, Sahasi, and Ananda took a path up the ridge.

They sat down at the top, looking down at the lions. "Go!" Sahasi shouted.

Kion listened for Sahasi to give the signal. As soon as Sahasi said 'go', Kion dug his claws into the ridge and hauled himself up.

Kion felt his muscles burning. He looked at his forearm. The skin started to split, and be started bleeding. Kion then turned to his left, and saw Blaze right beside him. Kion continued climbing, using his hind paws for help.

Kion grabbed onto the edge, and pulled himself up. He panted. He looked down and saw the others still climbing. He turned around, and looked at Rani, Ananda, and Sahasi.

"Kion wins the first point!" Sahasi shouted. Kion smiled. The others were still climbing.

Rani looked at Kion. He was panting for breath. She looked down his forearm, and saw his skin split open, and bleeding.

"Kion? What happened?" Rani asked. Kion looked at his forearm. "Oh, when I was climbing, my skin tightened and snapped. No big deal," Kion shrugged.

"Yes its a big deal! C'mon," Rani pulled him down the ridge. "Wait!" Kion shouted. Rani turned around. Kion smirked. He jumped down the ridge, and slid down. Rani was still holding onto him. "Ahh!" She screamed. "Woo hoo!" Kion smiled.

Rani's eye's widened in terror. She dug her claws into the, ridge, but that didn't stop her.

They jumped and landed on the ground. Rani wobbled on her paws.

"Alright we can go now," Kion said. "Just, just let me find which one of you is Kion," Rani's eye's whirled around. She walked, but was completely unbalanced.

"Why are there so many of you?" Rani asked. She fell on her stomach. Kion leaned over her and chuckled. She shook her head a bunch of times.

"You good?" Kion smirked. Rani looked up at him, "Never, do that, again." Her head fell back down.

"Looks like you I'm not the only one who needs to be healed," Kion chuckled. He picked Rani up and let her lean on his shoulder.

Blaze, Zin, Etan, and Jacan growled as they watched Rani and Kion. Blaze turned to Sahasi, "You're allowing this! They aren't mates!"

"Rani is going to heal him. Plus she needs to get to know you guys. Just let them be," Sahasi flicked his tail and walked off with Ananda.

Blaze growled.

Rani stumbled into the tree, leaning on Kion.

"Ok you lay down," Kion chuckled. Rani was still dazed and layed down. Kion got scent of Ananda and Sahasi. He turned around, "Hi your majesties." "Is Rani ok?" Ananda asked. "Uh not sure. After we slid down the ridge, she seems pretty dazed," Kion explained.

"And you?" Sahasi asked. "Oh my arm. It's fine."

Sahasi walked to Rani. Ananda walked to Kion. "Let me see your arm," She said. Kion lifted his forearm.

Ananda nodded. She walked to the back of the tree, and walked through some vines.

She soon came back with cobwebs. Kion lifted his arm again. Ananda wrapped the cobwebs around his arm. "There you go," She smiled. "Thanks. Um is it supposed to be this uncomfortable?" Kion asked. "Yes," Ananda replied. "Really?" "No," Ananda walked away. Kion was confused.

Ananda laughed and walked back to him, "I'm just kidding. Of course it's supposed to be uncomfortable." Kion sighed.

Sahasi looked at Rani. "Ananda?" Ananda nodded. She grabbed Watermint. "Here eat these Rani." Rani lifted her head, and ate the leaves.

A few minutes later, Rani felt better. She stood up. "Alright Kion, you and the others get some rest for tomorrow," Sahasi said. Kion nodded and walked out.