Chapter 2: Journey

(Kion 17, Kion means, "Leader")

"Kion?" Simba shouted. He walked up Priderock to his son. Kion turned around, "Yea dad?"

Simba sat next to Kion. "You know the Tree Of Life?" Simba asked. Kion nodded. "Well, the king and queen there. Ananda and Sahasi, they have a daughter a little younger than you. And they are having the oldest male sibling, have a competition for her," Simba explained.

"Guess that doesn't include me. Because I'm not the oldest," Kion replied. "But it does include you. Sahasi said that because you are leader of the Lion Guard, you are strong enough to maybe win her," Simba smiled.

"Wait really?" Kion asked. Simba nodded. "Sure sounds fun, when do we leave?" Kion asked. "Now," Simba replied. "Oh really?"

Simba nodded, "The competition is in 3 days. It will take us about 2 days to get there." "Alright let's go!" Kion smiled.

Kion and Simba said goodbye to their family, and headed to the Tree Of Life.

"Dad, do you think I'll be able to win? I mean. These males are going are going be older than me," Kion asked.

"Maybe, but you are stronger. You are more intelligent, you can beat those others in a heartbeat," Simba smiled.

"Ok, but what if I win, and Rani doesn't like me?" Kion asked. "Then you'll have to 'win her over'," Simba smirked. He winked at Kion, then nudged him.

"Ugh! Dad!" Kion groaned. Simba chuckled. "You won't embarrass me at the competition," Kion said sternly. "Alright," Simba chuckled.

Kion and Simba continued their journey.

Two days later, Kion and Simba arrived at the mountain pass...