Chapter 12: NightFall

It was nightfall at the Tree Of Life. Kion was sleeping on his side, a smile on his face. Rani was at the entrance looking outside.

The stars were brighter than normal, but that made sense, there weren't any clouds in the sky. It was a beautiful night, and Rani was breathtaken.

Kion yawned quietly. He saw Rani at the entrance of the tree. He could tell she was enjoying the scenery. Kion stood up. He felt much better than two days ago.

Kion walked over, and sat beside Rani. "Kion?" Rani asked, "Why are you up?" "I can't fall asleep when a beautiful lioness is keeping me up," Kion smirked. Rani blushed.

Rani quickly turned back to the stars. Kion's tail gently brushed hers.

They sat at the entrance, looked at the sky. The moon shone on them. Kion stood up and stretched, "C'mon let's go."

"What? Go where?" Rani asked. "Oh sorry, I should be more specific. Will you go on a date with me?" Kion asked with a smirk.

"But what about what my mom said? I'll be in trouble," Rani replied. "I never said we had to. I just asked. You could just say no if you don't want to go," Kion stated.

"No! I want to go," Rani replied. Kion smiled. "So your stomach really feels that much better?" Rani asked. Kion chuckled, "I can thank an angel for that." Rani blushed again.

"C'mon! Don't keep a lion waiting!" Kion jumped around in the grass. Rani walked out of the tree.

"What are we doing?" Rani asked. "This," Kion jumped in the tall grass. Fireflies shot out of the grass. Rani smiled. She jumped up after them. Kion rolled around in the grass, making more come out.

Once there was enough, Kion also starting jumping up to catch them.

Kion and Rani crashed into eachother. Kion fell onto her. "Oh s-sorry Kion," Rani apologized, looking embarrassed. Kion smirked, "Don't be. Besides, I like this."

"Alright enough," Rani chuckled. Kion got off her. He laughed as well.

Kion then saw the grass move. He pounced on it like a cub. The grass right next to his paws moved, and he pounced on that too.

Rani chuckled, "You're acting like a cub." Kion stood up, "Sometimes it's nice to act like a cub." Rani nodded.

"I loved to play this one game when I was a cub," Kion said. "What was it?" Rani asked. Kion tackled her, "Me and my sister called it Tackle War, but I don't really like that name anymore," Kion chuckled.

"I like it," Rani smiled. She rolled over and pinned him down. "Alright, I'm going to stand. You have to try and pin me," Kion said. "What's the catch?" Rani asked. "You win, we do whatever you want, if I win, we can have a little fun tonight," Kion winked at her.

"Seriously Kion?" Rani asked. Kion smirked. Rani knew he was serious. "Alright. Let's do it," Rani got off him.

Kion got into a defensive stance. Rani pounced at him. Kion didn't even flinch. "Did I forgot to mention, I'm champion at this game," Kion smirked. "That means you're going to win! How is that fair to me!" Rani asked.

"You could try," Kion chuckled. Rani tried to push him over, but Kion wouldn't move.

"Jeez you're as heavy as a tree," Rani grunted, still trying to move him. "Only when I want to be," Kion smirked.

Rani couldn't pin him down. No matter how hard she tried. Kion smirked, "Guess I get my reward." "But Kion, I'm being betrothed," Rani said. "Hey I'm healed. I only missed that one competition. Ananda has to let me back in," Kion explained.

Rani thought about it," I guess that's true." Suddenly, Kion pinned her down, "You lost, now it's my turn," He smirked. Rani chuckled, "Alright." Kion started.