09

----------

RULES

----------

Why... is he here?

"Oppa... what are you doing here?"

"Finding out what made you run away." Jin looked at her with a smile. She looked at Yoongi "Oh...don't mind him, he is my friend."

Jin released Jimin and looked Aera in the eye "Now tell me... Why did you run?"

"I wanted to work... so, I came here." Hesitation was evident in her voice. "To me, it looks like he threatened you."

"Enough with it! I came because I wanted to."

"Take the day off, if you're not feeling well," Jimin spoke up.

"N-No I'm fine." She looked at Jin, "Oppa I'll see you after work." Jin glared at Jimin one last time and left the room, Jimin rolled his eyes. She was curious about the other guy but she let it go.

I better apologize . . .

"I'm sorry about his behavior... he can be a little-"

"It's fine." He sounded agitated, and she bowed slightly "Then I'll get back to work." she strolled towards the door. "Before that, you should clean this mess." She looked at the spilled coffee on the floor. Jimin threw a box of tissues at her and she barely caught it.

The dustbin was kept in the corner of the room, so she got up and walked towards it. She could hear footsteps following.

Turning back she discovered him standing just behind her. There was no space left for her to escape. She tried to move sideways but Jimin slammed his hand on the wall making her flinch. He wasn't much taller than her but she felt intimidated. The lavender scent she wears was all in the air surrounding them.

Heart racing, fingers shaking and face hung low. She was hesitant to look into his eyes, so her gaze was fixed on the floor. Jimin grabbed her chin harshly with his hand to make her face him. His expression was scary, he had that slight smirk like he was mocking her. His blondes were swaying with the air-conditioner blowing above them.

"What are you d-?"

"Oh my! I thought you were a good girl . . . But you snitched on me." Aera froze on the spot. His eyes were full of rage. She hadn't seen him this close, his beautiful brown eyes, baby-like smooth skin. He was pleasing to the eyes.

But he is a sick bastard.

Jimin was the only one who could support her in this job. She was dependent on him and knew she was in a tricky spot.

I have to comply...

He released her chin and leaned closer to her ear. His shirt's collar brushed the nape of her neck. Tears were on the verge of falling.

"I wonder if your brother would be able to save you . . . huh Cupcake."

Releasing her he went back to his seat. She quickly wiped her tears off with her shirt's sleeves and exited his cabin. Looking like she had seen a ghost she sat at her desk. Jungkook, who sits opposite her, noticed her expression.

To say she was flustered was an understatement, she looked scared.

He is the only one who wants to keep me on this job . . . I have to go with it.

Jimin sighed, his hands were clasped together. Aera could be seen working, her expression bothered him.

She looks petrified . . . Did I overdo it?

Is she putting up an act of not recognizing me? Or she is forgetful.

I have bigger fish to fry. . . I have to take things into my hands.

I doubt Jin Hyung can save her at the rate he is going.

⏪−−⏸−−⏩

"Miss, would you like to eat with us?" Jungkook asked, standing beside another male co-worker. No matter how tempting the offer seemed, she needed some time alone. "I'm sorry, I won't be able to join you."

"Some other time then?"

"Sure"

Jungkook smiled at her reply. To her, he looked beautiful, with his curly black locks and stunning features. They left her alone with Jimin who was sitting in his cabin.

After a while, he also walked out. Her heart raced as he passed by her but he didn't say or did anything. It was as if she disappeared or something.

Is he a maniac? One time he acts pissed and other times he ignores me.

He came back and walked up to her and slid a sandwich on her desk. There was a sticky note stuck on it.

'Eat, if you don't wanna die

'Sorry for before'

The heck. . .

Is this his sorry excuse for an apology?

This guy is a psycho.

⏪−−⏸−−⏩

She reached home and saw a pair of shimmery red heels neatly set beside the shoe rack.

Oppa has a guest over...

Jin's words played in her mind- there were only two rules of living in his house.

1. Don't go to his study and

2. don't stay at home when his girlfriend is over. Because she is paranoid and assumes things.

He would arrange accommodation for the period she stays...

She checked her phone, there was no message, no intimidation.

Then this might be someone else.

Strolling up the stairs she heard voices from her room.

Is Mie here?

Getting closer the voices were clear, one was Jin's but the other one she couldn't make out. Her excitement of seeing her best friend die.

On second thought, she wouldn't wear sparkly crap like that.

Keeping her steps soft she moved closer, wanting a sneak peek at who is inside but not disturbing them.

Before she could reach the door the buzzing from her phone startled her. There was a text from Jin- my girlfriend came over, sorry, I'll book a room for you.

Her mind was still processing the message and the door of her room swung open, her eyes widened as she saw a not-so-petite arm of a woman.

I'm so screwed! She will see me!

She felt a strong pull at the collar of her coat and got pulled into the dark room by a tall figure. Not a whisper escaped her mouth as a rough callused hand covered her mouth. Her fear subsided as she got a whiff of his scent, mint.

⏪−−▶−−⏩

----------

TO BE CONTINUED

----------

SYKE, you thought I was dead. Well, jokes on you.

song suggestion: - Maybe my soulmate died by iamnotshane

Stay Tuned.

Fin.