02

----------

HIGH HOPES

----------

!!!SELF-HARM WARNING!!!

The results will be announced tomorrow...

I hope nothing goes wrong this time.

The environment at the dinner table was reluctant as usual. Her brother never joined them, her parents thought he would probably be busy wandering off the streets.

Nobody mentions or asked about him, they know he would come back late as he always does. he barely stays at home, it is rare to get a glimpse of his face even after a whole week.

Her father was tired after a long day of work, he looked like he would doze off any moment. Her mother was a contrast to him, her eyes were glued on the TV screen beside the table. Watching an episode of a daily show.

And Aera was so fixated on going to Seoul and not being able to tell them took her appetite away.

I have to leave this place for good...

Anyway, no one was interested in what was on their plates, just reluctantly stuffing their mouths. Aera knew just how it would end, her father would go to bed right away. Her mother would do the chores and would probably sleep after Hoseok comes home.

"Mom, Dad I... I... I want to go back to Seoul." This made this day unlike usual. Her parents looked at her in astonishment. They never imagined she would ever like going back.

"You aren't sick honey, are you?" Her mother's eyes searched for any bruises on her head. "Or have you hit your head or something."

"No Mom, I'm fine, I just applied for a job there."

Her father curled a brow and placed his spoon down on the plate.

"So, you got the job?"

"No, but I cleared the two levels of recruitment. The session, I have given the interview."

"Then what's all this bragging about, if you don't have the job." Irritation was visible in his tone and all his tiredness contributed to it.

"I just wanted to tell you beforehand... what if I get the job and you refuse to send me to Seoul." As those words came out, tears started falling. She was disgusted by every word she spoke.

Admit it, you're worthless, a dead investment.

"I don't understand you, girl, why do you want to go back when you said Seoul brings bad memories." Her father's voice sounded concerned this time because he had seen his daughter in a train wreck. He feared to see her like that again.

"Seoul is better... I feel suffocated here." Tears were rolling down her face. It was getting hard to breathe and felt a stark pain in her chest. "hiding from people..." her voice cracked, "being mocked, again and again... being uncomfortable in my own skin."

They knew it exactly, thing have been hard for her after what Eunwoo did and got even worse after Hoseok's arrest.

"I can't take it anymore, I... I just want to escape."

"Fine, if you get the job, we'll send you there." Her father said with a smile, his expression was so assuring that her worries went away.

"Thank You"

Thank you, for keeping your hopes in a dead investment...

I'll keep my hopes high...

If I fail this time I don't think I have the courage to try again... I don't know what I'll do then...