A wicked tongue

The next day

Kate grumbled in frustration and answered the call from her ex husband.

"You've called me three times this morning Sam what do you want?" Kate sat on the edge of her bed that hadn't been slept in in two days and began slipping on her Nike shoes.

"Just wanted you to know that Joe said he wanted to stay with me until school starts back." Sam didn't say anything more and the silence from Kate must've been enough for him. "Don't start Kate."

"Don't start? I was supposed to have him back in three weeks! Not two months! It wasn't enough that I was going to let you keep him for a month? Are you sure this is what he wants or what you want?" Kate felt her anger rise but tried to keep her voice calm in case Joe was listening.

"It's what he wants. Ask him yourself." Sam scoffed into the phone and Kate pressed her lips together to keep from yelling at him. She took a deep breath instead.

"I'm not dragging our six year old son into our stupid arguments. I don't want to keep fighting with you I have to start shooting a scene in less than an hour." Kate sighed knowing it was pointless to argue so she gave in. "Fine but I am keeping him for his birthday this year." Kate wasn't walking away from this without some sort of agreement.

"Fine. Bye." Sam hung up and Kate let out an angry yell.

"Fuck!"

Avery was practicing her lines for this next scene but honestly it was the sex scene so she knew the body language was the most important part of the scene and she really needed Kate for that. After what happened between them yesterday this scene would hardly be an act. She noticed immediately when Kate   Came in that she was amped up about something. Avery walked up to Kate and looked at her seriously.

"Are you okay?" Avery knew that was a dumb question but Kate didn't fight her on that, instead she pulled her to a secluded area in hair and make up.

"I'm not getting my son back until November." Kate said honestly. She grabbed some lipstick and began to carefully apply it to her lips adding the finishing touches to her character's look with a dark red shade. "But it's okay, that means I get him for his seventh birthday in December. Seeing your face made me feel instantly better." Kate turned her gaze from herself in the mirror to Avery's reflection. Kate's dark crimson lips curling up into her famous grin. She turned and pressed herself against Avery and Avery instinctively wrapped her arms around Kates waist and pulled her close.

Kate licked Avery's throat and smiled as Avery moaned at the warmth wetness of Kate's dangerous tongue.

"Y-you're going to get us in trouble." Avery stammered out and caught herself from falling against the table behind her, a stack of her notes sliding off into the floor along with Kate's lipstick.

"Not if you keep quiet." Kate trailed her wicked  tongue more firmly against Avery's quickening pulse. She removed her tongue and leaned up, her lips barely touching Avery's ear. "I can feel your pulse." Kate chuckled softly. "Nervous?"

"Well," Avery started "considering anyone could see us right now oH!" Avery crumbled against Kates teeth nipping against the soft flesh of her ear. Kate's hand quickly covered Avery's mouth.

"You've gone and ruined the fun." Kate tsked and stepped back from Avery and straightened her clothes and wiped at the corner of her mouth as she leaned past Avery to check her lipstick in the mirror. "So as we have discussed you take the lead in the scene. But instead of you pushing me against the wall do it against the wardrobe, I think it will give Aaron's character a better view from the door."

"You seriously are going to get me worked up and then go straight into work?" Avery cocked her eyebrow. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she felt light headed as she turned next to Kate and  straightened herself out.

"Seeing you so flustered makes me happy." Kate winked at her. "So what do you think? About my idea?"

"I think you're brilliant honestly. The camera would get a better shot that way too. Have you ever considered directing?"

"It's crossed my mind but I think I would go to producing first, so maybe later in my career. Do you think I could really direct?" Kate turned and looked at Avery the tone in her voice sounding a bit unsure and the vulnerability in Kate's question melted Avery to goo.

"Oh of course I do Kate, I really do. I think you could do anything you want." Avery cupped Kate's cheek. "You are amazing." Avery smiled at Kate and jerked away when she heard someone come up behind them. "Nothin'" Avery said loudly and then mentally kicked herself as she realized the person didn't even say anything. It was Carson the boom operator. He cleared his throat and laughed.

"Easy there sport." He looked between them. "Uhh did I interrupt something?"

"Nope just talking about the scene." Avery swallowed hard and Kate side eyed her.

"Uh huh, anyway about that they want to start shooting in Ten in studio D." He nodded and awkwardly left.

"Avery, you're a wonderful Actress," Kate rubbed her hand against Avery's "but you're a shitty liar."