"Uh, yeah?" Stephanie asked, also gaping at the tumor.

"I can't," Amelia admitted. This tumor... was a beautiful, ferocious monster that was going to eat her up.

"Dr. Shepherd?"

"We're going to have to throw everything at this. I mean this tumor is- It's massive... it's brilliant." The black hole of tumors, sucking her in. The longer she stared at it, the more lost she felt. She'd jumped the gun. Overstepped, got overconfident. And now, according to these images...

Unless she could grow herself another brain to tackle the problem, she was hopelessly lost. "I'm gonna need a lot of help," she said, her shoulders slumping in defeat, "or Nicole isn't going to make it."

"Dr. Grey!" Stephanie jumped up.

"What? No," Amelia waved. "She's a general surgeon. Besides, I burned that bridge already. She hates me."

"Well actually, I am a brain surgeon," a new, familiar voice joined the fray. "But you're right, I do still hate you."

"Oh, Lexie! Uh... hi." Lexie had shown her the door earlier today, so she wasn't prepared for her to actually be here, interested in her case.

"You're actually going to tackle this tumor?" she asked.

"I still think there's a way." Amelia forced out. Maybe she hadn't figured it out yet... but there was a way. She felt it...

She just couldn't see it.

Lexie stepped closer to the scans, tracing an outline of the tumor with her finger. "Dr. Edwards, could you make sure Dr. Herman is settled in her room?"

"But I-"

"That will be all," she dismissed. Stephanie shot a look to Amelia who gave her a 'go-on' roll of her eyes.

After she left, Lexie closed the door behind her. Amelia sucked in a breath, preparing herself for what was to come.

"I hate you," Lexie said quietly, staring at the floor. "I've hated you ever since Derek's funeral, honestly."

Okay... thought Amelia, well that was... not unexpected. She supposed she'd have to face the firing squad at some point.

"You just show up, and it's like you're him."

"Him? Him who? Derek?"

"Yes! And you lived with Mere, and you have his job, and-"

"And I take on impossible tumors," Amelia added with a wave to the wall.

"The most impossible." Lexie sighed.

"Look, you hate me, Maggie hates me... I hate me. But... I know there is a way to get this tumor. I can feel it... Can you put aside your feelings about what I did and help me save Dr. Herman? I can't do it alone."

"You want me to help you?" Lexie stated.

Amelia gestured to Herman's chart, "I want you to help her."

xxx

Jackson made his way with Karen to April's room. He'd expected to see Arizona, or even Maggie, but it was a nurse that led them to April's recovery room. He sighed softly upon seeing his sleeping wife propped up in the bed. She had no idea what had happened today. And he had no idea how the surgery went. No one had been able to update him during the last few hours... But he'd trusted the surgeons, and tried to trust April's God that they'd get the miracle.

"Hey," Karen asked, rubbing his back. "Are you okay?'

He wasn't sure. An earthquake just happened while his wife and unborn daughter were on the table."Noah..." he sighed, remembering. "I haven't heard anything. I can't get through." No idea that Noah was missing. He'd tried several times to contact the agency responsible for Noah and got nowhere. Everything went to voicemail.