"You were really close and now you guys barley speak? what did you do to him?" I ask Peter. 

"Why do you assume it was me that messed everything up, it could have been Derek" Peter says. 

"You're avoiding the answer so it was you" I say. 

"You don't-" Peter glares at me. 

"Get on with the story" Stiles says. 

"Sorry" I say leaning back in my chair. 

Peter continued to tell us how when Derek and Paige were in the warehouse and how the pack of alphas with their own packs showed up. He then told us about the most powerful wolf. Taila Hale. The packs were mad at the hunters for killing one of their own ruthlessly. Ennis marked a spiral on the metal. 

"Our mark for vendetta" Peter says marking it on the foggy window. 

"Man, you guys really take that revenge thing to, like, a whole new level, don't you?" Stiles says. 

"It's not just revenge. Losing a member of your pack isn't like losing family. It's like you lose a limb" Cora says. 

"They wouldn't even let him see the body" Peter says. He told us about how the police wouldn't let Ennis see the body or take him for a funeral. 

"I don't get it. What does this have to do with Derek?" I ask. 

"Everything. It's never just a single moment. It's a confluence of events. Personally, I looked at Ennis' circumstances, I saw a profound loss. Derek saw something different. He saw opportunity" Peter says. 

"Opportunity? To do what?" Stiles asks. 

"To always be with her" Peter says. It's actually quite sweet that Derek used to be this much of a romantic. 

Peter told us that they quickly fall in love. Derek never wanted to be without her. 

"The thing was, he had this constant fear. He was obsessing over it, thinking about it all night, all day, always on his mind" Peter says. 

Peter then explains a conversation they had talking about what will happen when she finds out about him being a werewolf. Derek suggested the only way they will always be together is to turn her. 

"I kept telling him not to do it. Every day the more he thought about it, the more convinced he became. You know teenagers. I bet he even blames me. He's probably convinced himself the whole thing was my idea" Peter says. 

Turns out the wolves had a connection to druids called an emissary. It's Deaton. 

"They keep us connected to humanity. But they're a secret even in the pack. Sometimes only the Alpha knows who the emissary is. Derek and I had no idea about Deaton" Cora says. 

"Or his sister, Morrell" Peter says. 

"She's an emissary too?" Stiles asks. 

"For the Alpha pack" Peter says. 

"Our guidance counselor? Why the hell don't you people tell us any of this stuff, huh? I shared some really intimate details with her" Stiles says. 

"And did she give you good advice?" Cora asks. 

"Actually, yeah" Stiles says. 

"That's what they do. That's what Deaton used to do for Talia" Peter says. 

Peter tells us about how Paige was was told by Derek to meet Derek at the school, but Derek didn't show up and had Ennis show up to turn her. 

"Ennis? Why would he choose him?" Cora asks. 

"Why not? Ennis needed a new member for his pack. Paige was young and strong. Doing a favor for Derek meant Ennis would be in good with Talia. Back then, everybody wanted to be in good with her" Peter says. 

"He doesn't remember it was Ennis, does he?" Stiles asks. 

"If he does, he keeps it to himself" Peter says. 

"So then what happened? Did he turn her?" I ask kinda anxious. I felt bad for the girl getting chased down by Ennis. 

"Almost. He came at Ennis. A 15year-old boy against a giant. There was no reason for him to fight. She'd already been bitten" Peter says. 

"So did she turn?" I ask. 

"She should have. Most of the time, the bite takes. Most of the time" Peter says. 

"When you offered it to me, you said, if it doesn't kill you" Stiles says. 

"If" Peter says. 

"He knew the answer, though. It didn't matter that she was young and strong. Some people just aren't made for this. But she fought. She struggled desperately, trying to survive" Peter says. I couldn't help but feel so bad for her. Derek lost the love of his life trying to keep her with him forever. I looked over at Stiles to see him upset as well. I grab his hand comforting him. 

"I remember taking her body from his arms, to the woods, to a place where I knew that it would be found... another in a long line of Beacon Hills animal attacks" Peter says. 

"And what about Derek?" Cora asks. 

"Taking an innocent life takes... Something from you as well, a bit of your soul... darkening it, dimming the once brilliant, golden yellow to a cold, steel blue... like mine" Peter says. 

-

-

-

Peter had left a little bit ago. Cora, Stiles, and I were sitting on the stairs. We were kind of just processing what we heard. 

"What? What's this... what's this look on your face?" Cora asks. Stiles was playing with his fingers. 

"What look?" Stiles asks. 

"The kind of look that makes me want to punch you" Cora says. 

"Oh, my God. You are so Derek's sister. I forgot" Stiles says. 

"Well, what is with the look?" Cora asks. 

"I just don't believe him. All right, in Ms. Blake's class, we're reading Heart of Darkness, and it's in first person, right? Narrated by Marlow. The thing is that he's... he's an unreliable narrator. You know the details of it have changed, you know, just because of his perspective" Stiles says. I feel that way. I don't trust Peter. I will never trust Peter after what he did. 

"Well, then we heard the story from Peter's perspective" Cora says. 

"I don't think we got the whole story" I say backing Stiles up. 

"So, what, are... Are you guys just gonna ask Derek about the girl he fell in love with and then killed?" Cora asks. 

"If I have to... Yeah" Stiles says. I don't know how Derek will react to that, he's a scary guy when he doesn't want to do something. But we need this story. 

"We have to" I say. 

Hey guys i'm so sorry I have been only updating like once a month. Sometimes I only have like 5 mins to write after school and work it's crazy but i'm working on it! Thank you for your patience. 

Love you all<3