Lauren chuckled to herself. "I said 'Hi Sade, you look so cute,'" she restated with a smile.

My heart pounded at her words. Why does the compliment feel ten times more intense coming from her??

Refusing to look her in the eye and attempting to hide my smile, my eyes shot down to my shoes. "Oh thank you, so do you, I really like your style," I said, immediately regretting it. Really Sade, 'I like your style?!'

Kingston and Aria were just standing there looking at us with smirks on their faces, not even bothering to save me.

"Alright then, well let's get this party started people we've got things to do," King said after a moment of almost awakened silence.

"Lead the way," Lauren gestured her hand out in front of her. Kingston led in front with Aria beside him. Lauren walked beside me behind the two of them. She looked over at me and grinned slightly before turning her attention back in front of her. I returned the action, internally screaming in excitement. Okay here we go.

~ Three Hours Later ~

We were all sitting side by side on the sidewalk, away from the crowd. We'd been walking around, going from game to game, ride to ride, and eating everything in sight. By now all of us were exhausted and in need of a hot shower and deep sleep. Good thing it's Friday. Kingston and Aria had ice cream while Lauren had a funnel cake and I had a thing of fried oreos. Whoever made these needs a raise.

I caught Lauren looking over at me from the corner of my eye as I ate. I knew what she was thinking since she couldn't choose between a funnel cake or fried oreos, and it was looking like she chose wrong.

Feeling her eyes in my direction, I looked over at her. But she quickly looked away, noticing my movement, and stared down at her food.

Picking my oreos up, I offered them over to her with one hand. "Here I know you want some," I smirked.

"I do, I'm sorry," she whined, crouching her posture down and taking two. A breath of air was let out as I laughed at her. She's adorable.

"Yeah yeah, I know," I said, rolling my eyes and waving her off with a smile.

Feeling very at peace with the moment, I glanced over at the scenery of the fair while Lauren ate and Kingston and Aria had their own sidebar conversation.

I loved to look around and enjoy little moments like these, to appreciate life for what it is sometimes. I feel as though many of us teenagers forget that we're just that, teenagers. We're so stressed out about the future and worried about things that are completely out of our control. I think we forget to enjoy this time we have, this era of life we're in. We lived long enough to get a taste of freedom and independence, yet it's just the beginning. There's so much of life that we haven't even begun to consider for ourselves. I like to just appreciate where I'm at in life sometimes, the here, the now. We can get so caught up in looking so far ahead, that we miss the beauty of what we have now, we have no idea what tomorrow holds.

I was so deep in my thoughts as I looked around that I didn't even notice Lauren's gaze on me.

"What's on your mind?" She asked curiously, still eating.

A sigh flew from my lips. "This moment is really beautiful to me." I started to smile, looking at everyone interacting.

"You're someone who appreciates the little things," she chuckled in amusement. "I should have known-" her head shook, yet she still kept her gaze on me with her head slightly tilted.