"Yeah at least for the first two weeks," Aria followed. "Hi babes, you look so cute!" She hugged me as well.

I always loved how she smelled like flowers and vanilla all in one. And her huge natural hair curls paired with her preppy outfit and light makeup just made her so adorable to me.

"Hey boo, you look adorable," I smiled, reaching my right hand up to her face. I scrunched my nose at her with a smile. She giggled, scrunching her ear to her shoulder and mimicked my facial expression, cringing to my words in a good way.

"Thank you." Her voice held a hint of shyness.

"See I told her she looked edible in a good way,"Kingston said, smiling as he watched my interaction with Aria.

"And don't you look beautifully handsome," I said with a smile, turning my attention from Aria to him.

King looked away with a blush as he playfully flapped his hand waving me off . "Oh stopp," he said, side eyeing me with a smile. I laughed at the gesture.

"So where do y'all wanna sit? I'm leaning towards the back to be honest." Kingston looked back at us as he led in front of us walking from the hallway into class.

"Sounds good to me," Aria agreed.

We all sat down in the back of the class. The classroom had tables with four chairs to each instead of desks in rows. I rather liked it this way, it was much more mature in my opinion.

"Okay so what's tea? Who's got some?" I asked, looking mischievously between the two of them as they sat beside one another across from me.

Kingston only smirked as Aria looked over at him as if she had none but knew he did. "Well...." he trailed.

"Come on, I haven't had any in weeks," I whined, tilting my head to the side, waiting for him to say something interesting.

"It's nothing major but I heard we have a new girl here and she's fine as hell," he said, putting exaggeration on the last three words.

"How fine?" I asked, now sitting up with my eyebrows raised implying I was intrigued. Finally, someone new.

"Gorgeous honey, I saw her earlier and was like damn they weren't lying."

"Is that so?" I muttered, mainly to myself, making a mental note to hope I'd see her later and find out for myself if the hype was real.

"Very much so, she's so pretty, and I heard she's from Germany!" Aria said with excitement about the Germany part.

"So she's white?" I asked curiously.

"No, she's mixed but she's more black mixed than she is white mixed if you know what I mean," Kingston explained.

"Yeah I got you." Her mom's most likely black and her dad is white.

The three of us carried on chatting for the rest of the block until the bell rang to go to 4th period. I was happy because I could finally leave to go get lunch. I hated school lunch and a perk of being a senior is you can pretty much come and go as you please without rarely even getting attention about it. Today's meal was going to be Zaxby's, I'd been craving some since last night.

I had 3rd lunch so we had to wait about 45 minutes before we could go eat. This block was my AP Lit class which relaxed me a bit. It wasn't too much and English was never that hard for me. I had gotten there a little early so I sat in the back right corner of the class as more students strolled in.

"Oh God." I heard a familiar and very unpleasant voice speak in my direction.

I looked up to see none other than my nuisance of a nemesis, Jasmine Young. That girl despises me even though I've done nothing to her. Me personally, I have no problems with the girl, the past is the past if you ask me. "Seriously?" she said, mugging at me then turning to her seat in the front of the class and rolling her eyes.

"Girl don't start with me today," I said a little under my breath, looking back down at my phone, but loud enough for her to hear.

She looked back at me with a glare. I felt her eyes burning a hole through me as I looked up again to meet her gaze. I made a face back at her letting her know to cut the bullshit. She tried to keep her glare as I remained steady with mines and she turned back around in defeat.

The commotion of students coming in was starting to die down as the 5 minute break period was about to come to an end. The teacher shut the door as she began introducing herself and passing out the syllabus.

"Hello class, my name is Mrs. Jackson, and I'll be your AP Literature and Composition teacher this year. Now, I recognize most of your faces already and I know many of you have had me before so this year should go pretty smooth yeah?" We nodded back in agreement.

Mrs. Jackson carried on with her introduction when someone knocked on the door. "It must be someone who's late," she said with a sigh.

I wasn't really paying much attention. I was on my phone and in my own world, until I heard an unfamiliar, yet pleasant voice. "Oh hi, you must be the new student everyone's chatting about," I heard Mrs. Jackson say to her once she opened the door.

"That may be so, hi," she said in a soft spoken voice. I picked my head up as if I'd known the voice.

There she stood, and gorgeous was an understatement. I mean seriously, was she created in a lab? Her hair was voluminous and consisted of very healthy 4a sandy brown curls all over her head. She was a little tall and slim but had an undeniable shape. I wonder if she worked out as well. Her outfit was hard not to miss, I was intrigued to say the least. She wore a tan cargo skirt with a mid drift graphic tee, stopping just before her belly piercing, and a black cropped jacket over it. Her shoes were the high top platform converse and she also had on gold jewelry.

"You guys this is Lauren Johnson, she'll be joining us, don't be annoying please," Mrs. Jackson pleaded to us, gesturing for Lauren to take a seat. "You can have a seat back there by Sade, I promise she won't bite," she smiled at her.

At the sound of my name my heart immediately began to race, and I have no clue why. Well...nah. Lauren began walking to the back of the class, making sure to say 'hi' and 'excuse me' to anyone she passed or may have bumped into trying to get by. I just watched her in admiration as she did so, though I made sure it didn't look that way on the outside.

Once she arrived where I was sitting she spoke to me in the most polite and sweet tone, I could have melted right there.

"Is it okay if I sit here?" She asked me, pointing to the seat next to me in the other row.

"Yeah of course," I said, shifting in my seat, but not uncomfortably. I gave her a small smile and she gave me a bigger one back. My cheeks got hot as she did so.

"Hi, I'm Lauren." Her accent stuck out to me as she turned to me and reached out her arm for what I would assume is a handshake. I smiled and gave a light chuckle at the gesture.

"Sade," I said to her softly, shaking her hand.

"Oh pretty, I love that name. Nice to meet you." She had this refreshing energy about her.

Lord.

"Thank you, nice to meet you too," I said to her, turning to face the front of the class and trying to hide the fact that I was blushing.

~~~~~~~~

Hello people! This is my first book so let me know if I should keep it going, what you like, what you don't like, and any questions you have! Please like, comment, and vote if y'all mess with it!
~~