- Meet You Again -

Angsty story.

TW: Mention of death.

--------

Carlos's POV.

I laid down on my bed, my hair was a mess and I was an emotional wreck. I sighed and rolled to my side. He was gone, my dear friend Joey was gone, he had died. He drowned just about 2 years ago, I never handled death well, and it was just a hard topic, as it is for everyone.

Joey was my closest friend, I was so close to him I considered him like family, I was just so devastated over all of this, I couldn't handle it, I missed Joey so damn much and it felt like ocean waves crashing over me, it felt like pressure crushing me. I felt so fucking trapped, I wanted to scream but nothing came out, I wanted to cry but nothing came out, I wanted to tell Joey how sorry I was, but nothing came out.

My body trembled the more I thought about Joey, I wanted to forget about everything, Joey was the one person who I knew I could trust, he was all I had, and he was gone now and I could never go back, this wasn't a dream, this was reality. Joey was gone, and I couldn't get him back.

I sighed and turned to my side again, I felt numb now, and I kept looking over our last conversation, I wish I said something else, something better, but I couldn't. Now I couldn't send him anything, All I could do was just sit there and be miserable, I tried thinking of something to distract myself but I couldn't, I couldn't stop thinking of Joey and our last conversation, our last time we saw each other in person, the last in-person conversation.

----- FlashBack -----

"Hey Carlos?" He spoke up, I turned to him and cocked an eyebrow, "Yes Joey?" "I just wanted to thank you for...Everything." He told me, "What?" "Thank you, Carlos." He said, "What are you thanking me for?" "Being there, being there when I needed you the most, being there when I felt I just needed to give up." Joey said, smiling at me, I was taken back by this, "Uh.. you're welcome.." I replied, "You were really the reason I still carry on, ya know?" He said, leaning his head on my shoulder as he always did. "You are the sole reason I'm still here, Carlos, don't you know?" Joey said to me, I smiled, "You were there for me thick and thin, I don't understand why I wouldn't do the same." I told him, Joey chuckled, "You've made me feel safe Joey, and I feel honored to be your friend." I said, I could tell it made Joey smile more. "You know, I think we're gonna be best friends, forever." Joey said, looking me in the eye, "Forever, Joey." I replied.

----- End of Flashback -----

I felt tears roll down my face, but I knew Joey would want me to smile, I wiped my tears, and cleared my throat.

Well then...I can't say I'm surprised that I'm at a lose of words. Well now...

I cleared my throat once more.

"Wherever you are Joey...Take care, Perhaps maybe, just maybe we'll see each other again, in another life." I said. "I always knew we would be best friends forever."

------ Chapter End -----