ten

think before speaking

The bonfire lit up the sky prettily but it was well controlled as the friend that Felix was mates with, knew very well what he was doing

The bonfire lit up the sky prettily but it was well controlled as the friend that Felix was mates with, knew very well what he was doing. The air was relaxing as the sky turned a pretty purple as the sun had completely disappeared. His friends quickly greeted me and I instantly felt like one of them which had surprised me.

"This is my home town." Felix told me as I took a seat next to him on the sand while eating marshmallows on a stick. "My father and I moved up to where our primary school was though when my parents divorced."

"Oh Felix, I'm sorry." I spoke with sympathy, I really had misjudged him too early.

"No it's okay, I've never met my mother really. I don't remember her anyway."

"Can I confess something?" I asked and he nodded when suddenly a loud shout came from one of his friends and we quickly stood up to see what the commotion was about.

"There are some neon jellyfish here, look!" A girl pointed to an area in the sea and my eyes lit up with amazement. I had never seen a jellyfish in the sea before. Only on tv.

"They're so pretty."

"Could be dangerous though depending on the size."

"Of course, I forgot they sting."

I noticed Felix watching me and when I looked up to him seeing me getting on with his friends he quickly looked away. For some reason Felix was acting really sweet today. His freckles which were showing added to my opinion too.

"Come on." One of his friends remarked and we moved further down where there were not any jellyfish and they started to paddle in the cool sea.

"It must be freezing." I shouted to them and they motioned for me to join. Felix was standing behind me when he saw my black jeans.

"Here." He leant down on the floor and he rolled the right leg's jean up to my knee which took me off guard. I ended up letting him do the other one too though as I admired him from above.

"Thanks." I shyly said and he smiled at me while going first into the water.

When I followed it was just as cold as I presumed and it made me want to go straight back out again but the sea was so calm and appealing.

"Sakura," Felix called and when I looked I watched as he splashed some water over to me and I gasped while openly laughing. Just one more splash caused everybody in the sea to have a group effort to splash each other. The sea remained calm and I tried to aim for Felix's hair and he clearly didn't like that because he waded over to me and poured a hand-bucket full of water over the top of me as I squealed from the cold sensation running down me. If I didn't want to get wet to begin with, I had clearly failed.

"Yah." I was kind of still laughing, but a little tired too so I looked back to the beach where the bonfire was still strongly burning. It looks really warm though and my body wanted to get out so it could heat up. Especially now I was quite a bit wet.