one

reunion

present. 8 months later

It wasn't as if I was purposely trying too hard, but I was totally trying too hard. The smart casual outfit was looking back at me, no creases in sight from the full length mirror in front of me. I could drive now, this was the benefit at least of college starting at 19 years of age.

I'd dressed with an extra amount of effort just for my very first day; a first impression was important after all. But I wasn't going to let anything distract me from my dreams. Music and art was my life source.

There would hopefully only be a very few selection of people which had attended my high-school at this college, but the music and arts college was all the way in Seoul. I had to move to a small apartment just weeks ago so that I'd be in a more practical location. After all, this was the best college for music in the entire country, and everybody knew it.

I'd managed to find a roommate, somehow, she helped the rent get paid but she was attending university here in Seoul rather than the college next door.

Finally I took a final glance at how I'd positioned my hair and natural makeup and finally decided it looked okay. It was only on special days like this that I'd take such extra care with everything.

"See you, lei." I called to my roommate who was head deep in the sink trying to wash her hair without the lengthy time of taking a shower.

"Mmm," she hummed over the splashing water which I knew would be my job to clean up later as I would get back home first. However everything was new and exciting, I felt as if I'd left my entire childhood and everything I was before behind.

The door shut swiftly behind me and I made sure to lock it tight. I'd enjoy feeling so grown up, not any restrictions from my parents out here in the capital.

Although it was sunny there was a January cold sharp breeze in the air sending shivers down my arm. I was glad to get into the sanctuary of my new car which had heating. Last week I had to buy a special additional item to plug into my usb slots so that I could create bluetooth in here. It was only a cheap car, so before, I thought that I'd have to cope without it until I saw the clever device in a store. I ended up just playing a new Japanese rock group that I'd recently gotten into, it was fun to be able to understand both languages. Although it took a while to find a playlist to shuffle as my music app was currently so disorganised.

"Oh shoot." I muttered looking at the small built in digital clock behind the steering wheel. I was already a little later than I would have liked. Didn't even have time to make myself a coffee to bring with me.

I put my car into the third gear then fourth as I got out onto the roads which were less crowded together. Thankfully I could have a smooth ride from here, it was enjoyable, especially looking upon the scenery of the city.