𝙰 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝙲𝚊𝚗𝚟𝚊𝚜

Start from the beginning

With those thoughts in mind, Michellee grabbed a few books from her locker and closed it shut before making her way through the flock of students.

Today had been a stressful day for Michellee, as she had just turned in a painting she had spent weeks on for the Meepville art society, where they would choose the best painting to exhibit in a nearby museum.

Neither of her parents knew about it, but Michellee hoped she could tell her father if there were good results.

On her way out of the school building, Michellee saw a group of students hanging out with each other, looking so carefree. Michellee wished she could join them and feel like she was a part of a group.

With a longing sigh, Michellee made her way to the city streets.

-

Michellee came upon her street on foot that evening instead of taking the city bus, which would result in a scolding from her mother if she ever found out. But today, Michellee felt the need to clear her head as she gazed at the familiar townhouse.

Some would expect something grander but fortunately, her parents didn't believe in the idea of spending large amounts of money for space they didn't need. After all, Michellee was an only child.

When Michellee entered the large townhouse she was greeted by a middle-aged woman with brown fur and blond hair tied in a messy ponytail. It was Clarice Fairfield, the manager who runs her mother's store. Despite not being as involved, Michellee's mother still ensured that everything at her boutique was running smoothly.

"Michellee, how lovely to see you. I just got done meeting with your mother." Clarice chirped while clutching the notepad she always carried.

"Hey, Clarice." Michellee greeted back despite the damper in her mood.

Clarice noticed the sad look on Michellee's face and asked, "Are you alright, dear? You look like you're expecting someone to waltz in and break your heart."

Michellee sighed and played with the ends of her long curly brown hair. "Yeah, something like that."

Clarice placed a tentative hand on Michellee's shoulder. "Well, whatever is going on dear, I'm sure you'll figure it out. You're a smart girl after all."

While Clarice was a kind woman she was not the type to pry into other people's business, which relieved Michellee as she didn't like sharing sensitive topics.

Michellee nodded and thanked Clarice for the encouragement.

While going in the direction of the stairs, Michellee could hear her mother yelling at someone over the phone, likely from her office.

With a sigh, Michellee climbed the stairs, dreading the thought of facing her mother.

-

When dinner came around, Michellee begrudgingly entered the dining room to see her mother already seated at the diagonal table.

Through appearance, Michellee only shared a few traits from her mother, from her upturned nose and batting eyes. But Margaret Weebie's fur color was much lighter, which complimented her strawberry blond hair tied in a high bun. Michellee's neutral fur and brown hair all came from her father, who was currently absent at the table.

Margaret finally noticed Michellee and motioned her to come over.

"Michellee, what took you so long?" Margaret inquired impatiently as she watched her daughter take a seat between her and her husband's chair.

"I apologize, mother, I was busy with school work." Michellee lied, as she was actually planning her next art project

"Well at least you're here earlier than that sorry excuse of a father of yours," Margaret muttered more to herself as she took a bite of her salad.