Chapter 14

A month later, the construction of the new village was very close to completion. The tribe had come to a silent agreement to settle down on the new island and dub it as New Berk. The construction went by quickly thanks to the help of their dragons, but it still took some time to get all the buildings and details put together. At the pace they were going, the new village would be done in two weeks time.

As the tribe was going about the construction, one of the Vikings spotted Hiccup and another Night Fury circling around the plaza in their dragon forms.

"Hiccup's back!" They shouted and the villagers that were in the area cheered as they cleared a spot for the two Night Furies to land.

Hiccup saw them clear the area and smiled as he motioned to Revna as he went in to land. Revna nodded and followed suit, landing on New Berk beside her son-in-law.

Hiccup then transformed into his human form and smiled at Revna with his arms spread out. "Welcome to New Berk, Revna." He said cheerily.

The dragoness looked around the plaza and crooned in intrigue. "You were not joking when you said it was still in construction, young one."

Hiccup laughed nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeahhh. It's a slow process, even with the help of dragons. But hopefully we'll be able to get it done in a couple weeks or so. Time will tell."

Revna nodded in agreement as she continued to look around. She then transformed into her human form and smoothed out her clothing.

The woman looked similar to Kala for the most part, besides the fact that she was standing at the height of six feet and five inches, whereas her daughter stood at the height of five feet and eight inches. She was a very built woman as well, a result of the amount of decades she has been alive as well as from the training she would do with her late lover Lief, Kala's father.

Revna had long, flowing black hair that was a more raven color compared to her daughter's midnight locks. She also had the same pale skin that the young dragoness had, which was covered in scars from fights the woman had gotten herself into over the years.

Her attire was a simple blue dress made of a thick cloth that had a leather apron covering it, and a set of fur boots that matched her daughter's. Her hair was styled into a thick braid that was made up of many smaller ones, some rocks and crystals from Night Fury Isles decorating the braids. She also wore a necklace made up of the same rocks and crystals scattered throughout her hair.

"It is a wonderful island nonetheless, Hiccup. Now, where is my daughter?" Revna asked.

Hiccup smiled sadly and motioned for her to follow him. The two dragons trekked their way through the village as they made their way to Hiccup and Kala's new hut. But on their way, they ran into Valka.

"Oh! Hiccup! I had no idea you had returned. Who might this be?" Valka asked as she gave a kind smile to the elder Night Fury.

"Oh, um. Chieftess Valka, this is Revna. Kala's mother." Hiccup introduced, then he looked at Revna. "Revna, this is Valka, the chieftess of the Hairy Hooligan tribe. And...my mother."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Revna. Welcome to New Berk." Valka said as she offered her hand to the woman.

Revna smiled and shook her hand. "The pleasure is mine, Valka."

"Please, make yourself at home. It may not look like much now, but it's home. How long will you be staying?" Valka asked as she clasped her hands together.

"However long my daughter needs me for." Revna said with a sad smile.

Valka gave a sad smile of her own and nodded. "Well, feel free to come to me if you need anything. I'm always willing to help."