Chapter 13

TRIGGER WARNING!!

Mentions of miscarriage, blood and death! Read at your own risk!!

~~~HTLANF~~~

As we were flying back to the new island, I grew very pissed off at Nanna. Things were calm until she showed up and we all almost died because of it.

I felt Kala begin to rub my head, but I lightly smacked her hand with my earplate to get her to stop, growling slightly as I did. Kala sighed and gripped the saddle in understanding. I huffed and focused on getting back to the island.

After a couple minutes went by, the island came into view and Stormfly and I landed in a clearing. Kala dismounted and I transformed into my human form while glaring at Nanna as I crossed my arms.

Nanna dismounted Stormfly with an apologetic look. "Hiccup I–"

"No! Don't even start. You put all of us in danger Nanna! We could've all been killed back there!" I shouted, a growl forming in the back of my throat.

Kala gripped my arm, but I pulled it out of her hold before she could start dragging me away. "Hiccup just–"

"Kala, don't! I don't want to hurt you!" I growled, which made her go silent and look away as she held herself. My eyes widened and I reached for her. "Kala I didn't mean–"

Before I could finish my sentence though, all of our attention was broken when we heard Ruffnut cheer as she flew past us on a Scuttleclaw.

"Ruffnut?" Nanna asked, confused as the Thorston in question hopped off the Scuttleclaw as it landed and threw her helmet aside.

"Miss me?" Ruffnut asked with a smirk.

"Why were you riding on a Scuttleclaw and not Barf and Belch?" Kala asked with a raised brow.

"I just escaped from Grimmel's armada. Duh. I annoyed them till they let me go." She said with a hand on her hip as if it were obvious.

"Wai-wait...Grimmel LET you go?!" I asked, becoming even more angered than I was before.

"So dumb. They couldn't handle me. See, everyone thinks Tuffnut's more annoying but–"

"RUFFNUT!" I yelled, which got her to shut up and look at me.

"What?"

"He used you to find us! He didn't just let you go!! He followed you!!" I growled, scales forming on my face from how upset I was.

I felt Kala grab my arm worriedly and I looked at her. "Luna followed us back.." She whined out and my eyes widened.

Before I could stop her, Kala transformed into her dragon form and bolted to where Luna was.

"Kala!!" I screeched in fear as I ran after her, but as soon as I got to the clearing, Grimmel already had her and Luna knocked out and chained up to his airship and signaled for his dragons to get higher.

"Now our little game has come to an end." Grimmel said when he noticed me and I growled furiously at him.

All the dragons on the island began to fly towards his airship to protect Kala, but I could tell Grimmel put that into account as he smirked.

"Call them off, Dragon Master!" He shouted as he mounted his harpoon and aimed it at Kala. "No reason for her to die too!"

I glared daggers at the man then roared at the dragons to get them to stop. They listened and hovered in place near the cliff. As the dragons ceased in their pursuit, the other riders rushed over to the clearing.

"What are they doing?" Snotlout asked as he looked at the dragons. "They could totally take him!"

"No! Not with Kala's life on the line! Are you insane?!" I growled as I glared at my cousin.