Chapter 5

Stoick held his three year old son as he stood on top of a cliff overlooking the village with a view of the ocean below. Hiccup was looking at the ocean with ever-curious eyes like always, just enjoying the time he was having with his father.

"Hiccup. This is Berk, son. It's our home. It was the home of your grandparents, and their grandparents before them." Stoick explained as he watched the setting sun. "And it's my job as chief to protect us, Hiccup."

Stoick then looked down at Hiccup with a kind yet serious look. "And one day, when you're all grown up, that job will be passed on to you."

Hiccup looked up at his father and nodded, not quite understanding the seriousness of that statement. "Okay."

"And it's very important, son, because out there, beyond the sunset, lies the home of the dragons." Stoick said as he looked out towards the setting sun once more.

"Wow!" Hiccup exclaimed mind-blown as he looked where his father was as well.

"Aye! Legends tell of ships that sailed too close to it, only to drop off the edge of the world. Never to be seen again."

Hiccup gasped in shock, becoming a bit scared as his father told him about the legends.

"But those sailors who turned back, told tales of a great waterfall and dragons guarding the entrance to a hidden world." Stoick added as he took notice of his son's fear.

"Whoa." Hiccup breathed as he imagined just how that waterfall would look.

"Not just a nest, Hiccup, but a land from which all dragons come."

"Even...Night Furies?" Hiccup asked, a bit scared.

Stoick chuckled and nodded. "Especially Night Furies."

Hiccup looked back at the ocean with a fearful expression. "Those are scary."

"Don't you worry. One day, I'll find the Hidden World and seal it up...so that people and dragons will fight no more." Stoick vowed.

~~~HTLANF~~~

I found Hiccup standing on the same cliff that he told me Dad would take him to when he was a toddler, watching the sunset. I smiled softly as I made my way to his side.

"I had a feeling this is where you would be. Well, either here or the cove, but this one was the best bet." I said as I intertwined our hands.

Hiccup looked at me with a smile and kissed my forehead. "Yeah. You feeling better after that nap?" He asked, concerned.

I nodded and nuzzled his cheek. "Yes, I'm feeling much better. All the smells were just getting to me is all." I reassured him.

"Good." He said before kissing my cheek and looking forward once again, his eyes becoming glassy as he became lost in thought.

I grew concerned and frowned slightly. "Hey, is everything alright my love? What's on your mind?"

Hiccup sighed and ran his free hand through his hair. "I was just thinking about what Gobber was talking about earlier, about the overcrowding issue, and it got me thinking. You remember how you told me about the Hidden World when we were eighteen?"

"Yes? What about it?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Well, I just remembered that Dad had told me about it when I was three and how he was determined to find it and seal all the dragons away. He searched for it for years. What if we took all the dragons there to keep them safe instead of just bringing them back home with us? We could even take most of the dragons that are here, too." Hiccup explained.

I thought about it, looking down slightly as I did. "It's possible...but I'm not sure if Valka would even be for it. She's so set on making Berk a dragon-Viking utopia. But that's definitely leading to us having a gigantic target on our backs because of all the dragons we keep bringing back with us."

Hiccup nodded and released my hand to wrap his arms around my waist and rested his hands gently on my stomach, resting his head on my shoulder. I purred softly and rested my hands on top of his.

"It's definitely making the whole world know about us. Next time we have a meeting with her, I'll bring it up and see what she says okay?" Hiccup said as he lightly kissed my mate mark.

I purred a bit louder and smiled. "Alright. Did Dad keep any notes from when he searched for the Hidden World?"

"Yeah, he did. I was planning on looking through them tomorrow. You wanna help?" He asked sweetly.

I nodded as I stifled a laugh. "Is that even a question? Of course I wanna help. When have I ever said no to helping you with something?" I asked jokingly.

Hiccup chuckled and smiled softly. "Fair point milady."

Both Hiccup and I then perked up as an odd scent we haven't smelled before reached our nostrils. We looked at one another in confusion before we separated and made our way in the direction the scent was coming from in the forest. Hiccup then transformed into his dragon form when we were about halfway just in case there was any danger.

When we reached the clearing the scent was coming from our eyes widened in shock. Laying in the center of the clearing was a white dragon that seemed to sparkle as the light from the rising moon hit its scales. We inched closer to it to get a better look, but as we did the dragon lifted its head from under its wing and Hiccup used his own to push me back behind him as it growled at us.

"Don't come any closer." The dragon warned. From the sound of the voice, it was clear that she was female.

We stayed where we were to show that we understood her warning as we took in her features. The more I looked at her, the more that added up to her being a Light Fury. The first one Hiccup and I have ever seen in fact.

She just looked at Hiccup and I as we took in her appearance, none of us making a move. That is until we all heard a random dragon rush past the clearing, which made the Light Fury send a plasma blast in the dragon's direction. Hiccup shielded me and growled at the Light Fury.

"Watch it! You could've hit us!" He screeched at her.

The Light Fury huffed and sat back on her haunches. "But I didn't. You're very quick to anger aren't you? Next time you go into the forest, don't bring the human along with you." She said with a snooty air about her.

Hiccup glared at her and huffed in annoyance. She rolled her eyes then took to the skies, releasing a plasma blast and flying through it, vanishing from sight.

Once she was gone, Hiccup transformed again as we stood in the clearing, shock taking over any other emotions as we looked at where she once was in the sky.

"Can you believe it, Hiccup? A Light Fury! Here on Berk!" I exclaimed in excitement.

"Yeah, it's amazing! After all these years of searching for the other Fury species, one shows up on our own island! Talk about luck!" Hiccup laughed joyously.

"We have to tell the others!" I said as I grabbed his hand and turned to head back to the village.

Hiccup chuckled and tugged on my hand to stop me. "Calm down, love. We've got plenty of time to tell them in the morning. For now though, we need to go rest. Especially you." He said, tapping me on the nose with a smile.

I stifled a laugh and pushed his hand away gently. "Okay, okay. I can wait till morning."

"Good. Now off to bed." Hiccup said and we made our way to our hut to rest.

~~~HTLANF~~~