epilogue

Telling Bellamy The News

CLARKE'S POV-

I stood in the bathroom, fixing my hair. I had my blonde curly hair in a classic updo, with a silver clip to match the elegance of my simple navy blue dress.
Tonight was a special night.

Bellamy waited for me downstairs, so I slipped on my heels and made a model-runway entrance. I closed my eyes and battered my eyelashes with my hands at my sides. I smiled. But no sound.

I peeked one eye open, and saw Bellamy happily asleep on the couch. His tie hanging over his shoulder and his suit getting crinkled. I laughed, kissing his head and pulling over a blanket. He's been working so hard lately on our relationship, and at work, he deserves a rest.

I called the restaurant, cancelling our special table in the corner. I had to call ahead a month for this night. The waiter that answered told me I had just made a couple very happy.

I went upstairs and changed out of my dress, admiring it on the hanger as I put it away. Another time, dress, we'll meet again. I slipped my legs into pajama pants and pulled a simple black tank top over my body. I took the silver clip and laid it on my dresser top. Another time, silver clip.

I wiped my dark lipstick off and went downstairs again. I put an oven in the pizza and set the kitchen table to look like a fancy feast is about to be brought out. I played some soft music from my IPod and danced around setting the table. I found a magazine on the counter, so I sat down and read, letting Bellamy sleep.

He jolted awake, looking around and sighing at his watch. He runs his fingers through his hair, and nervously looks at me," Baby, I'm so sorry we missed our reservations. Why didn't you wake me?"

He walks over to me and I hold out my arms. He wraps me in a warm hug and I smile," You looked exhausted, and I know you were only going to dinner for me."

" Because tonight was really important for you?"

I smile, rubbing my hand across his cheek," You're important to me. And you needed rest. Don't worry about it. This is so much better. Come on, sit down." I patted the chair next to me and he sat down.

He frowned, and furrowed his brow," What are you up to, beautiful?"

I smirk, and rest my head on my elbow, which rested on the table. My other hand took his and squeezed it gently," We have some news."

" We?" He says, with a growing smile.

I look at my goregous ring," We...do."

He smiles," So, what is it?" He does a little bounce, anticipation starting to drive him nuts. " Vacation? Job promotion? Clarke, I'll tickle it out of you."

I touch his nose," Hey, don't get mean, mister."

He leans back," Okay...sorry."

I smile," I don't know how else to tell you, so I drew a little picture on our pizza."

He frowns," What?" I travel to the oven, letting the timer go off and I take it out. I carry it over to him, using oven mitts, and I hide it at first.

" Being a artist, I thought a picture would be a better way to break it to you."

He takes a deep breath," Clarke, you're scaring me."

I set the pizza in the middle of the table, on the heat safe plates. In a variety of sauce and cheese, a little makeshift baby.

He looks at me, then does a double-take of the pizza.

I touch my stomach," I'm pregnant, Bellamy."

He pushes his chair from table standing up. He paces around, touching his hair, waving his arms around; his expression unclear.

" Say something."

He looks at me nervously," I thought you couldn't."

I laugh, and shrug, tears forming in my eyes," This is rare, and it can be a risk, but I'm pregnant. With twins. We're pregnant with twins. Tell me you're happy, I wouldn't be able to handle it if you're not."

He laughs," Clarke, beautiful, of course I'm happy. I'm shocked, but I'm completely estatic. We're having a baby, two babies! We're going to be parents!"

I smile, laughing as he comes closer. He picks me up swiftly, and spins me around, kissing me with a smile.

He looks at me," God, I don't know how I became so lucky. I love you so much."

I kiss his forehead," I love you."

He kisses down my neck," Clarke?"

I feel his smirk against my skin," Yeah?"

" How are we going to eat the pizza with a baby on it?"

I laugh, hysterically, looking at the pizza. It's the thought that counts.

***

I hope you enjoyed (-;

Beware of lots of fluff (because the happy ending is official now)

Keep entering the one-shot contest!!! Ends June 10th! The winners will be announced in this story, and probably by then this story will be completed!