twenty-four

CLARKE'S POV-

At the end of the wedding reception, I stick around, cleaning up around the tables.

I rub my lips together, sighing, where's Bellamy? This would be more fun if he was around.

Daniel walks through the white tent, carrying his coat, looking around.

" Hey Dan, what are you doing here still?"

He smiles," I was hoping to get another chocolate cake. I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't try to get another."

I laugh," I think I just saw someone eat the last one."

He drops his shoulders," Well, did you see who it was? When I find out, Oh I'm gonna-"

I wipe my lip and hold up the empty plate," I'm sorry..."

He laughs hysterically," You little-"

He walks towards me, setting down his jacket and grabbing my hand. I laugh, and we start to dance.

After a couple minutes, I pull away. Daniel's eyes were looking a little too gleamy for me. I smile," I need to go."

He nods," Right, yeah. Hey, thanks for inviting me tonight."

" I'm sorry we didn't see a lot of each other."

He shrugs," No I totally get it. I just miss you, Clarke, it's weird not being able to talk to you."

I touch his arm," We can still talk?"

" We don't...We don't talk anymore."

I look at my feet," How about we meet for lunch tomorrow?" I look at him, smiling," Please? We can get italian? Your favorite."

His frown grows into a smile," Yeah, sure, but only if I get a chocolate cake."

" I owe you one." I say with a nod.

I start to walk away, seeing Bellamy standing there. I smile," Hey, you." I kiss his cheek, and his arm loops around my waist.

He sighs," Keeping my hands off of you, is harder than I expected."

I smile, holding his cheek," Oh, you poor thing." I joke. " Come on, let's head home."

He asks," We're forgetting something, your purse."

I nod," Oh yeah, I must've left it in the bridesmaids room? I'll be back."

He shakes his head," No, just wait in the car, I'll grab it. Maybe we can scoop a bottle of champagne."

I laugh," Okay, yeah, I'm driving, you are not stable enough."

He laughs and rushes off.

BELLAMY'S POV-

I head into the bridemaid's room, searching for Clarke's bag. I spot it, searching through to make sure it's hers. I spot her chapstick, and a small photo. All the air in my lungs dissappear, and I shake my head. I run my hands through my hair, an ultrasound?
Clarke? My Clarke? Pregnant?!

We haven't been together, like been together long enough for her to be pregnant with anything that's mine.

I text Clarke:

I'll be home later, O is here she misses her brother

She responds a few moments later:

Aw! I'll miss you! Who's going to take off my dress tonight?? (-;

I try to laugh, but I just can't. I reply:

I think you can manage without me, I'll be back later. I love you